Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
ShadowChemosh - he wants it to match the way Rend is displayed in the Bestiary. This is a known issue that's been on my to-do list for a while, along with a number of other discrepancies about how Hero Lab generates the statblocks.
If it is to match the way of the Bestiary then it should "NOT" display in a separate section from the weapons. Rend is a Universal Monster rule and does not actually display in the stat block. Take a look at the troll pg268 of B1.

So if you are going to add this text in the future I will just go make a copy of Rend now so that it does NOT appear. Stat blocks are already huge and I don't need extra text repeating what a weapon lists. Of course that is my opinion and if it many others want it the other way I can just fix it for my games.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #461
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM
From the B1 entry for the troll:

Melee bite +8 (1d8+5), 2 claws +8 (1d6+5)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d6+7)

From Hero Lab's entry for a troll:

Melee Bite (Troll) +8 (1d8+5/20/x2) and
. . Claw x2 (Troll) +8 x2 (1d6+5/20/x2) and
. . Rend x2 (Troll) +8 x2 (1d6+7/20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +8 (1d4+5/20/x2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

So, I need to get rend to display among the special attacks, rather than among the attacks. For this statblock, it isn't going to change the total number of lines required.
Mathias is offline   #462
Talon378

Old September 5th, 2011, 06:49 AM
The Intimidate skill is being calculated incorrectly for alchemists that have the feral mutagen discovery and True Mutagen Discovery after taking a True Feral Mutagen. The -2 to the relevant stat should represent a -1 to Intimidate. Subsequently, Feral Mutagen is supposed to offer a +2 to Intimidate, meaning a net gain of +1 should take place. Currently, a -1 is being shown for the intimidate when you have the relevant discoveries and take that mutagen.
Talon378 is offline   #463
CloudX9

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I have found an issue with the Tetori Monk Archetype. It grants an invisible bonus to Grapple CMB, which increases at certain levels. The progression is as follows:

1-2: +0
3-4: +1
5-7: +2
8: +6
9-12: +7
13-16: +8
17-20: +9

The bonus comes from nowhere that I can find, and I took into account the Improved and Greater Grapple feats, along with all of the other Tetori and Monk abilities (like Maneuver Mastery, and such). I looked through the editor and didn't find anything. I'm still getting used to the editor, so I may have missed it. The bonus is nowhere in the books either, so I assume it's a mistake in Hero Labs.
CloudX9 is offline   #464
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Tetori Monk - it's the Graceful Grappler ability
Mathias is offline   #465
CloudX9

Old September 5th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Tetori Monk - it's the Graceful Grappler ability
Most of it is not. The grab ability gives the Monk +4 to grapple at 8th, so there's one of my mistakes. They still get this:

3-4: +1
5-8: +2
9-12: +3
13-16: +4
17-20: +5

So that's a pattern, at least. This is still an invisible bonus, and I think I see where it's coming from now. The Tetori gets his full monk level to Grapple at first level, and ALSO get's Maneuver Mastery at 3rd level. I think he's getting the bonus twice. I don't know how Hero Labs intricately works, but I have an idea now. The Maneuver Mastery ability doesn't replace the BAB to CMB/D, but instead supplements the values at certain levels to make the total equal to the monks level. If that is the case, then the Tetori Monk is getting this supplement twice, once from Graceful Grappler, and once from Maneuver Mastery, and both are adding to Grapple. Maybe I'm wrong about how HL works, but mechanically, the Tetori is getting the supplement to Grapple twice, when there is no reason he should. Maneuver Mastery adds the supplement to Grapple again, when it should not.

Last edited by CloudX9; September 6th, 2011 at 05:06 AM.
CloudX9 is offline   #466
kubodhi

Old September 6th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
It is critical to understand that the section on Permanent Ability Increases on Page 555 encompasses more than one method of increasing an ability score. What became all the rage on the Paizo boards is that folks started considering that passage only in the context of Ability Increasing Items, and ignoring that the passage also has to apply to Wishes and Tomes.

Any ways this issue has been around sense 2008 and still no errata or FAQ on the issue. So it's up to each DM to rule and a simple adjustment in HL can be used to solve the issue.
Any chance this is planned to be fixed? Items other than the Headbands (that specifically grant you skill ranks defined at the time of the item creation), such as ioun stones, that don't specifically state an exception to the RAW, are still not granting skill points in HL despite further clarification on this issue.

In the thread about the headbands, the previously referenced post (Thu, Oct 8, 2009, 09:33 PM) that was cited to back up why the headbands didn't grant you dynamic skill ranks:
http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ints&page=1#27

The newer post from 6 months later (Tue, Apr 13, 2010, 07:23 PM) that restates the general (core) rule to be followed unless specifically stated otherwise (such as the case with headbands):
http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...kills&page=1#9
kubodhi is offline   #467
SKyguard

Old September 6th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Is it possible with hero lab to use a higher level spell slot when leveling up to pick a lower level spell? When I try to do it it tells me I have picked too many spells for that level.
Thanks
-Sky

Last edited by SKyguard; September 6th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
SKyguard is offline   #468
jerdog

Old September 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
The temple sword does not seem to be displaying. I have both the AGP and Adventurer's Armory data packs loaded. It will show up if I load the Curse of the Crimson Throne content, but then it shows that the monk PC I want to buy it for is not proficient with it.
jerdog is offline   #469
chiefweasel

Old September 7th, 2011, 05:45 AM
do you mean as a metamagic feat?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #470
Closed Thread