Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LazarX

Old April 27th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
LOL in that case maybe worry about an airplane falling on your head.

Issues ARE GOING TO HAPPEN. This is not a question its a fact of life of doing HL addons. LW will release a future update that will BREAK your addons and files. Get use to that idea right now. All you can do is fix the issue and release a new version yourself. Life goes on...

I know of at least one major change by LW coming to Selection Helpers that will cause numerous problems. It already did for 5e but that is a very small addon still so the impact was very small.

I would be more worried about the fact that you have "hundreds" of gamers right now that are unable to get HL to load correctly because of FR & DS. And unless they search the boards and find my post their only option is to delete the addon. THIS thread just a few days ago shows its still impacting gamers. Sorry not trying to be mean about this but addons that don't load affects the view of all HL addons not just the single one. This is because the end-user has no way of understanding which addon caused the issue. If you can get a fix out for those right away I know I would appreciate it.
Herolab needs to do a better job in error reporting. The app should be able to tell us what files are generating errors like these and if two files are in conflict, it should name them. But then again, if they weren't frequenting the boards, they wouldn't be having either your packages or Raven's installed, anyway.
LazarX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
Herolab needs to do a better job in error reporting. The app should be able to tell us what files are generating errors like these and if two files are in conflict, it should name them.
Well it actually does "exactly" this. Its just that most people read the messages as being very cryptic. In that way they are as useful as old IBM messages like "Syntax Error 123".

But the messages to me are very detailed which is why I can help people with issues. Also why I am always asking for people to copy/paste the messages into a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
But then again, if they weren't frequenting the boards, they wouldn't be having either your packages or Raven's installed, anyway.
Not actually true. Many groups have only "one" person could be the DM or more tech savy member that tells people about the Packs. So word of mouth spreads the information. Others have read the LW newsletter that has multiple time mentioned the community downloads for d20, Pathfinder and now 5e. Plus many posts from Paizo forums have told people about the community download forum post.

So many do the setup once and don't remember even "how" to do it again and expect to be notified by HL about new updates.

At least that is my experience based on emails, PMs and posts I have read over the years. Combined with my servers logs that show "how" many downloads are happening per month....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 27th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Update Incoming!

Just to let you all know, I will be pushing an update to fix the content for Forgotten Realms and the known bug with the Inquisitor class tag. It will probably happen sometime on Sunday. It will also include a new link for the RavenX files since he will be taking them down shortly.

Thank you for your understanding, and thank you Shadow for alerting me to how much an idiot I was being.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 27th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Thank you for your understanding, and thank you Shadow for alerting me to how much an idiot I was being.
If I in any way made it seem like I was calling you an idiot I am very sorry. Not my intent at all nor do I think that at all. Just thought it was worth a poke about the issue was all.

What your picking up and moving forward with is awesome and I am sure very aperciated by many.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 27th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If I in any way made it seem like I was calling you an idiot I am very sorry. Not my intent at all nor do I think that at all. Just thought it was worth a poke about the issue was all.

What your picking up and moving forward with is awesome and I am sure very aperciated by many.
Nah, its all in good fun mate! I was being foolish.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old April 29th, 2016, 12:29 PM
I've been looking for the converted to PF draconian files, has anyone been able to create those as yet?
Dhrakken is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 29th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
I've been looking for the converted to PF draconian files, has anyone been able to create those as yet?
Honestly, very little has been done with the Dragonlance files. I will add it to the the stack.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old April 29th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Honestly, very little has been done with the Dragonlance files. I will add it to the the stack.
Thank you, I appreciate it!
Dhrakken is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old October 28th, 2023, 08:11 AM
I know this is thread necromancy of the most extreme sort, but here goes.

My PF1 group is thinking about doing a FR campaign.

Is this FR data set still available for download? Specifically we're looking for a data set to add FR gods with PF1 rules.

If so, can anyone provide the link, or send to me? Or is there a different/better option than this?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

StunningFist
StunningFist is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
StunningFist

Old October 28th, 2023, 12:27 PM
All,

Found the thread

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55726

that had what I need.

Good stuff!
StunningFist is offline   #20 Reply With Quote