Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
tahltwo

Old August 6th, 2018, 06:56 PM
so, ok, liking new concepts and gameplay mechanics of p2e...

first off, i have hlc licenses for 2 desktops and 1 for ipad... i’d be so bogged down with pc creation if i didn’t have hl to help X-D so, really glad that hl exists!

i am trying the hlo demo now and keen on making an alchemist to see how it all works out with p2e rules. damn it’s kinda complicated! (i guess it is for me because it’s new lol)

some questions that may be more of p2e rules than hlo, but some hlo pc creation process doesn’t seem to match with p2e rules?

1a) how do i determine how many bombs (doesn’t matter what kind) i can make at beginning of each day (can’t quite figure it out: it seems i can make 1/2 normal maximum batch, which is 2, per resonance point, which my current stats give me 5 rp; so i can make 10 max per day?), and

1b) how do i add number of bombs (as like a ticker to keep track of usage) in hlo?

2a) when adding the max number of formulas at level 1, which is 8, i see i can add for free “formula, 1st level” in gear. but they’re generic... does this mean i have to rename them to the kind of formula i chose, e.g. alchemist’s fire?

2b) how do i add said formulas into my formula book?

3a) now that i have the formula, what do i do: add the actual alchemical item, again e.g., alchemist’s fire, to be able to use them mechanically, i.e for atk and damage? because the formula itself doesn’t have those mechanics.

3b) when i add the 8 different alchemical items i chose to my equipment, then equip one of them (without anything else in my hands — just 1 bomb), i get the “hand holding equipment” validation error saying i’m over equipped?

4) i reported this error, but wanna make sure it’s not user error: anyone else getting an error message for damage roll for alchemist’s fire “1d81d1 is not valid etc”? it’s like the die damage coding is wrong or something?

5) not really a hlo thing, this one: but with 10 str, you’re encumbered with 5 bulk? alchemist has to have 1) formula book and 2) alchemist tool, along with leather armor, dagger, and a satchel (not a heavier backpack) — the lightest and most basic stuff, and i’m at 5 bulk! lol
tahltwo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote