Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old December 15th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I've just got an iPad and I'd certainly like the product to run natively on it. The form factor lends itself to the product and I'd carry it more than my laptop. It switches on quicker and responds brilliantly. Far better than a Windows laptop!
Don't misconstrue my comments as Microsoft bashing though. I just like quick operating systems, yet use Windows predominately.

Hmmmm more revenue for a crunchier Hero Lab.

This Post using an iPhone!!!
bodrin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
benuker

Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
I've just got an iPad and I'd certainly like the product to run natively on it. The form factor lends itself to the product and I'd carry it more than my laptop. It switches on quicker and responds brilliantly. Far better than a Windows laptop!
Don't misconstrue my comments as Microsoft bashing though. I just like quick operating systems, yet use Windows predominately.

Hmmmm more revenue for a crunchier Hero Lab.

This Post using an iPhone!!!
Give as Hero Builder for iPad, please!!!!!
benuker is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kaintheseeker

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I don't know about a full on version, but a 'viewer' for the iPad and Androids might be easier to do up. Do things like mark off ammo, add in coin and such to update your HL on the pc perhaps.
kaintheseeker is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
TehBagder

Old January 6th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Would totally love to have this as well.
TehBagder is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
RBB

Old January 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Don't know if I've posted elsewhere about this, but the Mac version works very well so I hope LW is looking at an iOS version. Not trivial from an HI viewpoint, but the back end should be portable to a good extent. My long-winded way of say "yes please!"
RBB is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:58 PM
+1 - and we don't need a full version - just a virtual character sheet for use while playing would be just fine.

One request: Allow either direct wireless syncing, or cable syncing (i.e. don't require dropbox or other cloud stuff)
mallardduck is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old January 24th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Does the Mac beta version support Lion-native fullscreen?

If so, there's a relatively simple workaround - it's a paid app, but Splashtop on the iPad will open your Mac desktop, remote desktop style. Put HL in fullscreen and then open that and you've got a basic version of working HL on a tablet.
Roadie is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
If so, there's a relatively simple workaround - it's a paid app, but Splashtop on the iPad will open your Mac desktop, remote desktop style. Put HL in fullscreen and then open that and you've got a basic version of working HL on a tablet.
That is what I am currently doing except I am running HL on Win7. So far it works out great actually. Even better I picked up the app months back when it was on sale for only $1.99...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Nero Shade

Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
I just want to add my voice that a tablet app version of this program would do well. I don't need everything in the app, like the editor for example, just enough to use it in a game.

I do use Splashtop, but I don't always have wifi available. That means I don't always have access to this great and powerful program.
Nero Shade is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Stormrazor2000

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I would like to add my vote for an iPad version of Herolab. In particular an optimized tactical console would be nifty. Otherwise I agree with the above poster that the editor would not be needed. Basically enough to manage your character during session (journal, adjustments) as a player and run an encounter as a GM.
Stormrazor2000 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote