Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 12th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77 View Post
Hey guys, is there any way to get the basic attack bonus calculations on the front page?

We find ourselves constantly searching for just a ranged attack bonus, or a straight melee bonus (no associated with any weapon). This is particularly important for spells requiring a touch attack and ranged touch attack. Equally important for when you have ability damage. Thank you.
The other simple idea is to add the Community Pathfinder Pack and turn on ShadowChemosh Equipment. Then you can add the weapons Touch Attack and Ranged Touch Attack to your character. Those will then print to any character sheet.

The community Pack also has nice "Concentration" skills to add to a character to have them display on any character sheet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #351 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old June 14th, 2016, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The other simple idea is to add the Community Pathfinder Pack and turn on ShadowChemosh Equipment. Then you can add the weapons Touch Attack and Ranged Touch Attack to your character. Those will then print to any character sheet.

The community Pack also has nice "Concentration" skills to add to a character to have them display on any character sheet.
Ah yes concentration was another we'd been looking for thank you.

So the sheet can only add a PCs touch and ranged touch attack as separate weapons? That's rather clunkly.

It would be nice to just have a couple boxes showing MELEE + BAB + STR
RANGED = BAB + DEX
seems pretty simple to me.
Cards77 is offline   #352 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 14th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77 View Post
So the sheet can only add a PCs touch and ranged touch attack as separate weapons? That's rather clunkly.
No. But the addition of touch weapons allow the values to work for ANY sheet including custom and LW ones. Hence the reason I created them.

The values most likely can get added but main developer of this sheet is gone. I took it over to fix any major issues. I am too overwhelmed at the moment to add small changes. Maybe in the future that will change...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #353 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old June 16th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
No. But the addition of touch weapons allow the values to work for ANY sheet including custom and LW ones. Hence the reason I created them.

The values most likely can get added but main developer of this sheet is gone. I took it over to fix any major issues. I am too overwhelmed at the moment to add small changes. Maybe in the future that will change...
Ok thanks for the tip. I don't really understand how to use the community packs but I will figure it out and add the weapons and concentration skills to the front page.
Cards77 is offline   #354 Reply With Quote
nogoodscallywag

Old June 21st, 2016, 01:57 PM
Hi all. When I export a sheet for unchained summoner, the spell descriptions nor the spells chosen show up. The headers are there; other class spells appear fine.

Any ideas?
nogoodscallywag is offline   #355 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 4th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Well, bummer. I figured out how the JavaScript code actually works (pretty dense programming! Impressive!). I knew that the portfolio had the containers and items contained recorded in it, so I figured I could create a mapping by reading the original portfolio, then use that same mapping in the HTML sheet. Unfortunately, there are no identifiers anywhere on the equipment! It's just the name of the item and that's it. So there's no way to relate a "backpack" in the portfolio to a "backpack" on the HTML sheet.

That might be a bad example, since a character is likely only carrying one of them, but use a bandolier or belt pouch, where the same item name can appear multiple times and represent separate objects, and you can begin to see why there's no way to associate a given item to a particular container. Sigh.

So, everyone who's interested in having containers work on output sheets, file a bug report with LWD asking for container support in output sheets. If enough people ask for it, maybe they'll bump it up the priority chart.

I can't imagine it's that tough since the information is already there, it's just a matter of exporting it to the output sheet. Simplest thing for them to do is add the "index" attribute of every pick from the portfolio to the output sheet, then add the "holder" attribute for gear (which is used to denote containership in the portfolio).
Azhrei is offline   #356 Reply With Quote
Tos

Old July 24th, 2016, 04:53 AM
Tried using this to play last night. I felt the format and customization was a big step forward. I felt the fact that I couldn't read it without finding reading glasses not as helpful.

Is there a way to enlarge the font? I played with User Fonts but didn't find a solution.

Right now the Portrait shows two columns and the landscape shows three. Trying to increase the readability, is there a way to change that to one column and two?

Is there some post-process thing I could be doing that I haven't thought of yet?
Tos is offline   #357 Reply With Quote
Larathiel

Old August 2nd, 2016, 07:13 PM
Is there any way to add an allowance for a custom font & font size for just the character's name? My players have always enjoyed using fun and fanciful fonts on my custom Excel sheets, but the current user font option overrides other fill-in info (bonuses, character description, etc.) which is quite undesireable with many of the more decorative fonts.

EDIT: Also, what is the "Feint" combat maneuver based on? AFAIK, Feint should have been based on Bluff, and the DC to resist it based on Sense Motive, yet it seems to use the stock CMB/CMD scores on every character I've statted up so far — even those who have Improved Feint and many ranks in each of the aforementioned skills.

Last edited by Larathiel; August 6th, 2016 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Additional Observation
Larathiel is offline   #358 Reply With Quote
Moff Rimmer

Old August 31st, 2016, 10:52 PM
Not sure if anyone is still keeping up with this sheet. (It's the one that I prefer to use - Ancient One did an incredible job with it.) But there seem to be a few items that aren't currently working right. I have a kineticist and the "Blast" isn't showing up under the weapons. For that matter, the unarmed attacks seem to have gone away as well. Spells aren't getting listed on the Unchained Summoner. (And since I'm requesting...) It would also be nice if the spell school, subschool, and subtypes were part of the spell descriptions. Not sure if anyone else has the know-how to tackle this...
Moff Rimmer is offline   #359 Reply With Quote
arvola

Old October 30th, 2016, 09:01 PM
I'm slowly working on a new sheet that uses some parts of this one. I've written a basic build system with Node.js that lets you write into separate CSS/JS/HTML files and then build it into the XSLT file automatically.

I'm using the excellent WebStorm IDE for development. WebStorm also has an XSLT runner, so just by using an XML file from a character you can develop and test the whole thing in the IDE without going through HeroLab at all. The goal is to make it so you can develop without having to care about XSLT. There's also a development mode that just uses the source CSS and JS files directly, so you can make changes in the source files and see them immediately in your sample sheet by refreshing your browser, or using an auto-refresh system.

JavaScript libraries are managed using Bower (https://bower.io/), so it's very easy to add, remove or update those. For CSS I've opted to use Less (http://lesscss.org/).

I'm using AncientOne's code in parsing the XML to JavaScript objects without any issues, and that will save a bunch of time too, his work is much appreciated. Overall it will work the same way with the output of just consisting of a single HTML file.

All in all it should be much easier to develop on, with minimal manual tinkering aside from actual development. If there's interest, I can set the project up on Github, but right now it's just the build system, and no real sheet.
arvola is offline   #360 Reply With Quote