Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MardukBathory

Old February 7th, 2016, 10:55 PM
I've put the file there, restarted the program, then restarted the PC when that didn't work. The folder it leads to is "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab" is that right?

Either way; no new tabs.

I suspect this wouldn't make it a racial ability anyway :/

Thanks for all the help
MardukBathory is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Elindor

Old February 8th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Almost there - that folder has a solder called "Data" in it, which holds the game systems. The .user file needs to go into the 5e folder.

Once you have it, go to the Personal tab on the character, and you can add a Bonus Feat as an adjustment.

Last edited by Elindor; February 8th, 2016 at 12:52 AM.
Elindor is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardukBathory View Post
I suspect this wouldn't make it a racial ability anyway :/
This tab works as soon as the Feat Bonus field is greater than 1. "What" sets that value it does not care about. This example uses a Adjustment. But as I mentioned you can put a hard-coded script of "1" on to a racial ability or race or feat or trait or spell.

So yes this will work for a Racial Ability just fine.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
MardukBathory

Old February 8th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Let's assume that I'm an absolute n00b, still struggling to get my head around any of this (because, hey, who're we kidding? I'm a doughnut when it comes to things like this).

I can't see the new tab anywhere. I still see it in the class tab, when I have the choice of increasing ability points or taking a feat but that's it. (see attached).

Assuming I get this to work, what code do I add to my variant human class? (I really am bad at this )

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg allisee.jpg (188.1 KB, 2 views)
MardukBathory is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Quote:
I can't see the new tab anywhere. I still see it in the class tab, when I have the choice of increasing ability points or taking a feat but that's it. (see attached).
Did you get the .user file placed into the correct location? To know for sure is go to the "Adjustment" tab and try and add the adjustment "Feats, Bonus". If you see that adjustment then you loaded the .user file correctly. If not do that.

Add the adjustment "Feats, Bonus" and set the counter to +1. You have to get the "number of allowed bonus feats above 0" to have the new tab display.

Quote:
Assuming I get this to work, what code do I add to my variant human class? (I really am bad at this )
Look at the script on the Adjustment. You want to take the section that is adding the pAdjust value and put that on your Race or Racial Ability. Instead of pulling the number of bonus feats from the counter you would simply set the value to "1".

I recommend putting the logic on the Racial Ability because then you can simply "reuse" this logic over and over again by Bootstrapping that Racial Ability to different races/monsters.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote