Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

psych777

Old April 19th, 2014, 04:52 AM
i recently started to play with the editor and was adding some spells. when i go into the Classes/Domains list, some of them have doubles and at least one (cleric) has a triple showing of classes. i was just watching a video on youtube of someone adding a spell and when they went to the classes list they had no doubles.
so how can i find out what is causing these doubles? and clear them out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dbl classes.jpg (107.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg triple classes.jpg (109.4 KB, 8 views)
psych777 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:44 AM
If you notice the "(?)" you can click on that to show you the Thing ID or its Unique ID. You want to select the classes for spell that start with a Unique ID of "cHelp". Most of the extras you see are the "Archetype Headers" which start with "arHD". You don't want to select those.

Unfortunately no way to clear them out its part of HL now and things keep changing in HL so you will find differences in the videos.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Looking at them, click on the ? and it will tell you the id. It appears that the second Antipaladin is in the arHd, whatever that is. It is odd, though, in that I thought that even other sources would want to point to the main one (in this case a class helper) to sync with it.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Looks like ShadowChemosh was answering while I was speculating. And now we learn a bit more of how it all works together.

So which one do we want to select?

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 19th, 2014, 09:52 AM
The one starting with cHelp
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 20th, 2014, 02:21 AM
that helps! i was checking them all since i didn't know which needed it, but then worried it wouldn't work right for other ppl if i gave it to my friends. so i assume that if i just check the 'cHelp' checkbox that the archetypes will still have access to it?
psych777 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 20th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
so i assume that if i just check the 'cHelp' checkbox that the archetypes will still have access to it?
Archetypes usually have access to the Base Class spells unless the Archetypes changes that. You can give spell access also ONLY to an archetype by having the spell be set to an "ar" Thing ID. So for example the Vengeance Paladin archetype gives access to the "wraith" spell. So the Wraith spell is set not for paladin but only for the Archetype Vengeance.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 20th, 2014, 10:06 AM
makes sense. with that logic i should go back and uncheck all the non chelp ones to let the archetypes handle the spells properly. thanks!
psych777 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote