Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tysdaddy

Old April 9th, 2016, 09:52 AM
So, I got a new laptop. I installed HL, moved my license, got all the updates including the 3PP pack, and when I opened my portfolio, I got a bunch of gobbledygook about things being orphaned due to missing batch info.

A bunch of errors.

I don't believe this happened the last time I moved to a new computer. Am I missing something. Some of what is missing has to do with Shadow's Adjustments, but I thought all that was in the 3PP pack.

I took a picture with Snagit but I can't seem to post that here without creating some sort of URL, which I can't do easily at this point.

Just wondering if I missed something in the transition . . .
tysdaddy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tysdaddy

Old April 9th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Something I noticed . . .

When I view my license information, it confirms that I own several of the ultimate books, as well as the Occult Adventures pack, all purchased by me in the past and used in my current portfolio. But when I go to Configure Hero, it only list the core stuff and one ultimate book.

Again, am I missing something . . .
tysdaddy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 9th, 2016, 10:08 AM
First if you get an error you can simply RIGHT click on the window and copy and paste into this thread. Don't need the ones for opening a character. Just the ones you get on Load. Once HL has an error on load it falls into safe mode and won't load any .user files.

You sure you don't have THIS issue from Forgotten Realms or THIS one from Dark sun?

If you think you don't have all your licenses after move go to "License->Reactivate License".

You installed the 3PP Pack by actually downloading and running the installer? Not by just copying .user files correct?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
tysdaddy

Old April 9th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Thanks, Shadow. Good to speak with you again.

The only system I use is the Pathfinder, so I don't believe any of the other systems would be causing the problem.

I added the source link for the 3PP updates, and they show up in my list when I check for updates, and they don't appear to need updating. I don't believe I did any sort of "install" of these files, however.

Here is what I'm seeing when I try to load my portfolio (thanks for the right click hint . . . I'm dumb today!)

Chained pick 'ArmySource' on hero 'Dwarf Ftr 3 - LG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '165'
Chained pick 'MythSource' on hero 'Dwarf Ftr 3 - LG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '177'
Pick 'pMPFamKick' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '332'
Pick 'pMPClDmMdf' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '332'
Pick 'p3PBloodie' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '414'
Chained pick 'ArmySource' on hero 'Gnome Kin 5 - CG Small humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '165'
Chained pick 'MythSource' on hero 'Gnome Kin 5 - CG Small humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '177'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Adjustments'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Archetypes & Classes'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Feats'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Equipment'
Selection 'Equipment, Weapon Enhancement' requires one of the following sources and could not be loaded: 'ShadowChemosh's Adjustments' ('pS2EqWepEn', batch 1052)
Global lookup of pick failed due to premature reference during load
Basis linkage '97' could not be found for pick 'spOpenClo0'
Basis linkage '103' could not be found for pick 'spRayFro0'
Basis linkage '78' could not be found for pick 'spGhosSou0'
tysdaddy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 9th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdaddy View Post
The only system I use is the Pathfinder, so I don't believe any of the other systems would be causing the problem.
Those are addons for Pathfinder just like how the 3PP Pack is an addon. You may not use them but I was checking because they are not loading right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdaddy View Post
I don't believe I did any sort of "install" of these files, however.
This would be the issue. You have to download and install the 3PP Pack if this is new install of Hero Lab.

They won't say "update" needed because HL does not yet know you want these Packs. So download and install the 3PP Pack. Then try opening your character again.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tysdaddy

Old April 9th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Okay.

I got frustrated, so I uninstalled and started over. Downloaded the Pathfinder system and updated, and clicked the "Get" in the system updates under Tools and got the 3PP. Also added the update link as a source to get future updates. Now, when I load my portfolio, I get . . .

Chained pick 'ArmySource' on hero 'Dwarf Ftr 3 - LG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '165'
Chained pick 'MythSource' on hero 'Dwarf Ftr 3 - LG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '177'
Chained pick 'ArmySource' on hero 'Gnome Kin 5 - CG Small humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '165'
Chained pick 'MythSource' on hero 'Gnome Kin 5 - CG Small humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '177'
Basis linkage '97' could not be found for pick 'spOpenClo0'
Basis linkage '103' could not be found for pick 'spRayFro0'

I reactivated the license as well, and in Configure Hero it still doesn't show all the Ultimate books or Occult Adventures, which do show up when I look at my license info.

Bizarre . . .
tysdaddy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Based on your description of the problem, it sounds like you're trying to load a saved portfolio without activating your license, or using another license which doesn't have the required packages? If that doesn't help, please email us at support@wolflair.com with your details and we'll do our best to help.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Rifter

Old April 16th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Was there a resolution for this? I am getting a very similar error.
Rifter is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
cantroy

Old May 19th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I just keep getting critical information not found in data files source "Shadow d20 Pathfinder" but if I search for shadow, I get a lot back due to some helpful shadowchemosh guy... LOL
cantroy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 19th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantroy View Post
I just keep getting critical information not found in data files source "Shadow d20 Pathfinder" but if I search for shadow, I get a lot back due to some helpful shadowchemosh guy... LOL
Shadow d20 is my Houserules file. Its not meant for the community to use. If you installed it at one time and then deleted it I assume your characters have a saved the source.

Go to "Portfolio->Strip Missing Sources" to remove the saved sources from your character.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote