Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Lord Magus

Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
I had the above-mentioned issue on my Win XP laptop, but not on my Mac. Upon reinstalling CB 2.9 after making sure my laptop's PF version was 7.6 (NOT 7.7), the problems with the Boreal Yrthak went away. I may have updated the CB before updating PF?

Thus, CB 2.9 should be fine for the Boreal Yrthak issue (at least with PF 7.6).
Lord Magus is offline   #281
Wheels

Old February 5th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I]NEW Version!
v2.0 January 31, 2013
=ShadowChemosh=
-This is a HUGE update I have been working on for close to a year. It contains 100% every single thing from the "Eberron Campaign Setting" book! Not every book just the main campaign book.
-Added ALL races, monsters, classes, feats, gear, magic items, item powers, special materials, prestige classes, organizations, deities, and spells from the "Eberron Campaign Setting" book.
-Everything is 100% scripted and working including the PrC's and Dragonmark feats. If you find anything not working let me know as it should be all working.
-I put a note on each thing to let people know what changes I did to make the thing Pathfinder compatible.
-I have a .stock file done for all the Typical NPCs in the campaign world and for all the monsters. After install go to "Portfolios->Import Stock Hero" look for "Eberron - Monsters" or "Eberron - Typical Faction NPCs".
-After install the encounter .por files for the "Forgotten Forge" module can be found in your "My Documents\Hero Lab\Portfolios\Pathfinder\Eberron\Forgotten Forge" folder.
I'm new to hero lab (purchased it a week ago) and just want to thank you guys for all the hard work you put into these data sets.

I dont really play pathfinder (and not planning to) and just use good old 3.5 rules but I'm really interested in using this Eberron data set so I can create one for 3.5 (if none exist).

So following the instructions, I added a new source to HL (http://www.cheeseweasel.net/herolab/updates.xml) and there was a new update for the Lawful_G d20 data set, but it seems Eberron file didnt update. It it because I chose the d20 system as my inicial data set and not Pathfinder? It there a way I can update the file so I can get ideias (and learn a little about scripting) on how to create eberron for 3.5?

As a side note, I went to http://www.cheeseweasel.net and downloaded a Eberron data set for pathfinder, but it doesnt everything mentioned on the quote above.

thanko you all.
Wheels is offline   #282
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 5th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
I'm new to hero lab (purchased it a week ago) and just want to thank you guys for all the hard work you put into these data sets.
Welcome an feel free to ask questions. Everyone around her does their best to help.

Quote:
I dont really play pathfinder (and not planning to) and just use good old 3.5 rules but I'm really interested in using this Eberron data set so I can create one for 3.5 (if none exist).
Their is a little added for Eberron for d20. Its been a long time sense I looked but if memory serves not allot was added.

Quote:
So following the instructions, I added a new source to HL (http://www.cheeseweasel.net/herolab/updates.xml) and there was a new update for the Lawful_G d20 data set, but it seems Eberron file didnt update. It it because I chose the d20 system as my inicial data set and not Pathfinder? It there a way I can update the file so I can get ideias (and learn a little about scripting) on how to create eberron for 3.5?
So as you have d20 and not Pathfinder the URL you listed above is correct. It can install the Lawful_g data set that has tons of the 3.5 books done for d20 in 3.5 style. Which such info can be found in THIS thread.

But Pathfinder and d20 are two totally different pieces of software as far as HL is concerned. So you can't load Pathfinder into d20 or d20 into Pathfinder. Not without allot of work.

Quote:
As a side note, I went to http://www.cheeseweasel.net and downloaded a Eberron data set for pathfinder, but it doesnt everything mentioned on the quote above.

thanko you all.
That is a old download and I support the Pathfinder data sets now through the Powered BY HL feature. You can see THIS first post to see how to setup that download but again its ONLY for Pathfinder. As far as software wise Pathfinder and d20 are as a different as 3.5 is from Shadowrun.

Unfortunately my advice is if you want to learn the editor you should look at the 3.5 data set Lawful_g made instead. Looking at what I did for Pathfinder and then trying to converted that backwards to 3.5 would be a total nightmare.

So unfortunately learning about Pathfinder and HL won't give you much help in how d20 HL works.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #283
Wheels

Old February 6th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Ty for the quick response ^^

It's not that I want to reverse engeneer your Pathfinder files, but get ideias on how to do the Artificer, Shifter, warforged etc. I'm currently running an Eberron campaign in 3.5 and I have an those classes/races in the party lol. So I'm screwed and have to try and get those into HL ^^

I already downloaded the Eberron pathfinder data set and took a look at the editor and i can see there is alot more tabs. I can see why you say it would be dificult to reverse engeneer the files.

I already saw your videos and had a look at the help and I'm starting to understand how some things work. I have some questions about developing but here is not the thread to do it ^^
Wheels is offline   #284
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 6th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
It's not that I want to reverse engeneer your Pathfinder files, but get ideias on how to do the Artificer, Shifter, warforged etc. I'm currently running an Eberron campaign in 3.5 and I have an those classes/races in the party lol. So I'm screwed and have to try and get those into HL
You are of course welcome to the files and to let you know that even in Demo mode that HL Editor is fully functional. So you can download Eberron and install into Pathfinder and use the editor in Pathfinder to open the files up all you wish.

My thinking is that its not that helpful as I use Things and Functions that only exist in Pathfinder software not d20.

For example to apply a bonus to a characters AC that is for Deflection I use the macro #applybonus[]. This does not exist in d20. The warforged bootstrap armor gizmo's to allow for support of magic armor. To make sure they are masterwork I apply the tag "Helper.MatForceMs" this tag forces the gizmo to apply the masterwork quality to itself. This again does NOT exist in d20.

So learning how I built the Warforged race in Pathfinder software would provide only a little help in building it again in d20 where you have access to different functions, macros and features in the editor. That's all I am trying to warn you about.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #285
Hendel

Old February 6th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I did this and created a Modern and then left Eberron under Pathfinder. Now this error shows up:

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'arMHInvest' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
-> Tag 'source.SGGInvesti' not defined"

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

Quote:
Well what you can do for something like this is run Multiple Pathfinder game installs. One can have Modern and one can have Eberron.

From inside of HL you can go to "Tools->Duplicate Game System" and pick "Pathfinder" from the list. Then for a new name call it like "pathfinder_Eberron". Now when you restart HL you will have multiple Pathfinder games to choose from.

When you download Eberron then what you do is on the Install Screen change the path to your new game folder. Then go in and remove the Modern data set from the Eberron game system. This way you can have both running and keep different settings even then per game system.
Attachment 1955

Here is what my HL looks like when I start. I have a few Pathfinder things running.
Attachment 1956
Hendel is offline   #286
Frodie

Old February 7th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Make sure you have the new update for the Modern Path. Looks like you are missing the SGG file. I just took a look and it says it's in there, but just in case here they are attached here zipped up.

Make sure you place them in your modern folder you made. The auto extractor only places them in the Pathfinder folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PFRPG_Modern_Path.zip (386.3 KB, 3 views)
Frodie is offline   #287
Hendel

Old February 7th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Thanks! Looks like it worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Make sure you have the new update for the Modern Path. Looks like you are missing the SGG file. I just took a look and it says it's in there, but just in case here they are attached here zipped up.

Make sure you place them in your modern folder you made. The auto extractor only places them in the Pathfinder folder.
Hendel is offline   #288
Lord_Void

Old February 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Currently you can't fix this. It has to do with the activation of old 3.5 Psionics stuff in the background. I do have a fix coming out that will make many changes but in the good side this error and many others will go away.

So all I can say for now is be patient and a fix/change is coming.
OK this has just been driving my up the wall for the last few days.
So just ignore it for now then?

I was thinking it was relate to the Power you get from your Path as I'm not seeing where that shows, such as 'Prevenom Weapon' from the Assassin's Path.
Lord_Void is offline   #289
Lord_Void

Old February 8th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Currently you can't fix this. It has to do with the activation of old 3.5 Psionics stuff in the background. I do have a fix coming out that will make many changes but in the good side this error and many others will go away.

So all I can say for now is be patient and a fix/change is coming.
Ah! This has been driving me the wall for the last 2 days.
So just ignore the error for now then?

I had thought it may be related to the extra Power from the chosen Path, such as Prevenom Weapon from the Assassin's Path as I don't seem to be able to see it in the Characters abilities, though I may just be missing something here.
Lord_Void is offline   #290
Closed Thread