Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

BustaRhymes

Old August 12th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I submitted this bug and it's been accepted. Should see a fix I hope
BustaRhymes is offline   #361
Illrigger

Old August 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Most of the firearms in Ultimate combat are showing up as "not legal for society play"; the only ones that are not legal are the ones in the "Advanced" section of the rules (Revolver, Rifle, Shotgun, etc.).
Illrigger is offline   #362
shonlove

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hey,

The Ninja Ki Pool ability seems to reference the Monk's Ki Pool ability. While similar, my understanding is that the Ninja version should base the size of the pool on (1/2 ninja level + Charisma modifier), not (1/2 monk level + Wisdom modifier).
shonlove is offline   #363
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonlove View Post
Hey,

The Ninja Ki Pool ability seems to reference the Monk's Ki Pool ability. While similar, my understanding is that the Ninja version should base the size of the pool on (1/2 ninja level + Charisma modifier), not (1/2 monk level + Wisdom modifier).
Are the numbers being calculated incorrectly?
Mathias is offline   #364
thundershot

Old August 12th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illrigger View Post
Probably need more info to solve that one. Maybe post a statblock of the character?
Here ya go: Please note that the Elf is altered to be more like the 4E elf, and I gave my players extra hit points since there's only 3 of them, but that shouldn't affect the attack bonus:

ARROW CR 6
Female Elf Ranger (Skirmisher) 7
CG Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Hero Points 1
Init +3; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +15
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 86 (7d10)
Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +5
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Longsword +8/+3 (1d8+1/19-20/x2)
Ranged +1 Longbow, Composite (Str +2) +10/+5 (1d8+2/20/x3) and
Darkwood Longbow, Composite (Str +2) +10/+5 (1d8+1/20/x3)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 13
Base Atk +7; CMB +8; CMD 21
Feats Elven Weapon Proficiencies, Endurance, Focused Shot +2, Leadership (Base Score 8), Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus: Longbow
Traits Devotee of the Green: Knowledge: Nature, Forlorn
Skills Diplomacy +8, Handle Animal +11, Knowledge: Dungeoneering +12, Knowledge: Geography +13, Knowledge: Nature +14, Perception +15, Ride +13, Stealth +13, Survival +14
Languages Common, Elven, Other Language, Other Language
SQ Animal Companion Link (Ex), Enemies: Magical Beasts (+2 bonus) (Ex), Enemies: Undead (+4 bonus) (Ex), Fey Blood, Hero Points (1), Hunter's Trick: Aiding Attack (Ex), Hunter's Trick: Bolster Companion (Ex), Hunter's Tricks (6/day) (Ex), Share Spells with Companion (Ex), Terrains: Forest (+2 bonus) (Ex), Track +3, Weapon Familiarity, Wild Empathy +8 (Ex), Wild Step, Woodcraft, Woodland Stride (Ex)
Combat Gear +1 Leather, +1 Longbow, Composite (Str +2), Cold Iron Arrows (20), Darkwood Longbow, Composite (Str +2), Longsword, Silver Arrows (20); Other Gear Backpack, Masterwork (5 @ 16.5 lbs), Bedroll, Grappling Arrow, Grappling hook, Hammock, Hemp, Lantern, hooded, Mess Kit, Pouch, belt (empty), Provision Bag (empty), Rope, silk (50 ft.), Rucksack (4 @ 7 lbs), Waterskin, Whetstone
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Action Points - 0/8
Cold Iron Arrows - 0/20
Hunter's Tricks (6/day) (Ex) - 0/6
Silver Arrows - 0/20
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Animal Companion Link (Ex) You have a link with your Animal Companion.
Endurance +4 to a variety of skill checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Enemies: Magical Beasts (+2 bonus) (Ex) +2 to rolls vs Magical Beasts.
Enemies: Undead (+4 bonus) (Ex) +4 to rolls vs Undead.
Fey Blood You are counted as both humanoid and fey for any effect relating to type.
Focused Shot +2 Make a single bow or crossbow attack, adding your INT modifier to the damage roll as precision damage.
Hero Points (1) Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Hunter's Trick: Aiding Attack (Ex) The ranger can use this trick as a free action when he hits a creature with an attack. The next ally who makes an attack against the target creature before the start of the ranger’s next turn gains a +2 circumstance bonus on that attack roll.
Hunter's Trick: Bolster Companion (Ex) The ranger can use this trick as an immediate action when his animal companion is hit with an attack or a combat maneuver. The companion’s AC and combat maneuver defense increase by +4 for the purposes of that attack. If the attack still hits, the an
Hunter's Tricks (6/day) (Ex) Various tricks.
Leadership (Base Score 8) You attract loyal companions and devoted followers.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Manyshot You can shoot two arrows as the first attack of a full attack action.
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Share Spells with Companion (Ex) Spells cast on you can also affect your Companion, if it's within 5 feet.
Terrains: Forest (+2 bonus) (Ex) +2 to rolls vs Forest.
Track +3 +3 to survival checks to track.
Weapon Familiarity Proficient with longbows (including composite longbows) and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat all weapons with the word "elven" in its name as a martial weapon.
Wild Empathy +8 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.
Wild Step An elf may move through any sort of natural undergrowth such as vines or thorns at full speed without getting tripped up or taking damage. Magically created obstacles, such as Entangle spells, affect them normally.
Woodcraft Elves know the deep secrets of the wild like no others, especially those of the forests. Elves with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks. In forest terrain, these bonuses improve to +2.
Woodland Stride (Ex) Move through undergrowth at normal speed.
thundershot is offline   #365
Overspace

Old August 12th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I think its because the character isnt strong enough for the bow !

From the PFSRD "If your Strength bonus is less than the strength rating of the composite bow, you can't effectively use it, so you take a –2 penalty on attacks with it."
Overspace is offline   #366
Dragnmoon

Old August 12th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Tengu - You guys need to work on the Weapon feats for them, right now you gave them Martial and Simple Weapon Proficiency all, that is not quite accurate. They are proficient in all "Sword-Like" weapons and by giving them the above you go beyond that. Also you leave out Sword-Like weapons that require Exotic Proficiency, which they would Auto Have, as an example the Katana they are proficient in but does not show that.
Dragnmoon is offline   #367
gourdcaptain

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM
The Crusader Archetype for the Cleric erroneously lowers your number of domains by one. (I checked the book, it doesn't do that.)
gourdcaptain is offline   #368
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 13th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gourdcaptain View Post
The Crusader Archetype for the Cleric erroneously lowers your number of domains by one. (I checked the book, it doesn't do that.)
Diminished Spellcasting: A crusader chooses only
one domain
and gains one fewer spell of each level than
normal. If this reduces the number to 0, she may cast spells
of that level only if they are domain spells or if her Wisdom
allows bonus spells of that level.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #369
SnowHeart

Old August 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Concerning a report that the Furious Focus benefit is not included in the attack roll calculations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
This is not a bug. There is no intention on making this a feature because it only affects a single attack. It is better for the player to remember to apply it to one attack instead of removing it from all the rest, including things like attacks or opportunity.
Might I make a suggestion? If this is the case, then add a note to the Furious Focus feat entry saying that it's not automatically calculated. I'd like to think most people will catch it, but I wouldn't count on it and even then having a note would have saved me about 15 minutes of testing different variations to see if I was making a mistake and then coming on these forums and doing a search to see if this non-bug bug had been reported.
SnowHeart is offline   #370
Closed Thread