Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old February 6th, 2016, 11:07 AM
I am very VERY frustrated trying to get psionics to work on my iPad. I have added stuff from New Update Source, removed the updates, reinstalled the updates, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, hammered the app then deleted it, thrown my iPad...(joking). The only thing I haven't done is waved a dead chicken over my iPad, but I will if it would help.

I sent a bug about the psionics and received a reply that it was fixed. Since I seem to be clueless can someone please tell me exactly what I need to. What needs to be installed, what needs to be checked in the Configure Hero and anything else that will allow me to open a psionic character created on a computer and transferred to the iPad.

Thanks.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 7th, 2016, 08:35 AM
I get your having an issue but "what" the issue is lacks details. All I can give here are the basic steps as you don't list any errors or other things to figure out "why" you can't work with Psionics.

1) On the iPad add the Community Server URL located HERE.
2) Download the "Pathfinder 3PP Pack" as Ultimate Psionics is located in the 3PP Pack because its from Dreamscared Press.
3) Make a new character or open an existing one.
4) On the 'Configure' tab look for "Ultimate Psionics" under "Dreamscared Press" and check mark it on.
5) Add Psionic character class or races from Ultimate Psionics.

If you get any issues with the above please list out exactly "what" is happening. If you get any errors "anywhere" please copy and paste the text into this thread.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old February 7th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Hi ShadowChemosh. I checked and already did that. On my computer version I have a psionic tab but I don't have one on the iPad. Everything else is fine so did I do something wrong. This has always been the problem is no psionic tab. Sometimes I have opened the character and it has all the gear, feats, etc except there isn't a class selected.
ruhar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 7th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Hi ShadowChemosh. I checked and already did that. On my computer version I have a psionic tab but I don't have one on the iPad. Everything else is fine so did I do something wrong. This has always been the problem is no psionic tab.
What do you mean no "Psionic" tab? The iPad has no specific tab called "Psionics" just like it does not have a "Spells" tab. These are incorporated into the "Play" tab on the iPad. Its there you will find your Power Points and Powers.

If that is not what you mean by "Psionics" tab please provide more details or pictures are worth a thousand words.

Quote:
Sometimes I have opened the character and it has all the gear, feats, etc except there isn't a class selected.
Do you mean you have a character that has level of "Psion" that you built on your desktop HL and when you open it on your iPad that the Psion class does not exist?

If so it "really" sounds like you are getting a load error and that is causing the app to fall into safe mode and not load the 3PP Pack....

All the above is not helpful then I have to ask for more details or pictures. You can easily take a picture of what you see on your iPad by pressing the Home and Power button at the same time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old February 7th, 2016, 07:38 PM
I apologize. I thought there was suppose to be a tab for psionics like there is on a computer. I probably didn't have a problem this whole time.

As for the second problem if it happens again I will take screen shots and make note of everything that happened and pass it on.

Sorry for my confusion.
ruhar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 7th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Quote:
I apologize. I thought there was suppose to be a tab for psionics like there is on a computer. I probably didn't have a problem this whole time.

As for the second problem if it happens again I will take screen shots and make note of everything that happened and pass it on.

Sorry for my confusion.
Ahhh. No problem at all it happens as the iPad app is "just" enough different sometimes to cause confusion like this.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote