Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

andrewm9

Old June 25th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
That's part of what I'm working on for the next release. The insights for the Cryptic and other items like that are in similar shape.

So far, I've gotten A-E coded with scripts if they need them, and slowly getting the next ones into place.
I thought as much, forgive my impatience. I am spoiled.

I have hacked at it and done some of the coding myself, but as former programmer I can tell you my solutions are somewhat inelegant. I look forward to the next update.
andrewm9 is offline   #801
sixteenbiticon

Old June 25th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The easiest way to find the file is to start HL and pathfinder. Then go to "Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder" which will open up the correct location for Pathfinder data folder. In the new window will be all the data files for pathfinder. Look for the "Sources - Psionics Unleashed.1st" file and delete it or move it to your desktop for now. Once that is done close HL down and restart and see if you get any more errors. If you do you can past them here and we can go from their.
I followed your instructions and it looks like we've eliminated one of the issues, but the other still remains:

sixteenbiticon is offline   #802
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 25th, 2014, 10:16 AM
You have two files named *.user that contain pDscar.

Find the two files and one of them is the community file and the other needs to be moved out of the same folder.
risner is offline   #803
andrewm9

Old June 25th, 2014, 12:15 PM
One other odd thing I noticed about the Aegis class in the Ultimate Psionics data set is the set always adds Master Craftsman no matter what level the Aegis is or how many ranks in a Craft skill he has. I'm sure its a matter of timing with the eval scripts but I can't track it down.
andrewm9 is offline   #804
ShadowChemosh

Old June 25th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenbiticon View Post
I followed your instructions and it looks like we've eliminated one of the issues, but the other still remains:

Your error message is still showing that you have not removed Sources - Psionics Unleashed.1st file yet.

If you have NO .user files you have created yourself or want. You maybe better off to delete the whole "pathfinder" folder and reload Pathfinder and then reload Psionics.

Only do this if your sure you don't need any .user files in your data folder. You have no other 3PP packages or user files install as this WILL ERASE THEM IF THEY EXIST.

Go to "Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder" which will open up the correct location for Pathfinder data folder. Go one level up to "data" and then select "Pathfinder" and delete it.

Then go one folder higher and go to "Hero Lab" and select the "Download" folder. In "Download" look for "Pathfinder.hl" file and double click on it to restart the install of a fresh clean Pathfinder game folder. After it installs end HL again and in the "Download" folder locate the file called "UltimatePsionics_v2.05.hl" and double click on it to start a fresh install of Psionics.

Once it install psionics start up Pathfinder and you should no longer have any issues.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #805
TCArknight

Old June 25th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
One other odd thing I noticed about the Aegis class in the Ultimate Psionics data set is the set always adds Master Craftsman no matter what level the Aegis is or how many ranks in a Craft skill he has. I'm sure its a matter of timing with the eval scripts but I can't track it down.
This should be fixed in the next release. It's a matter of missing the level check as a conditional on the class ability. The Aegis should have a few improvements in the next release for sure.
TCArknight is offline   #806
koesherbacon

Old July 2nd, 2014, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the bug report. This will be fixed in the next release.
Awesome, right on!

I also wanted to ask you if I could help at all?

First the preface...

I'm having surgery on the 9th and it has an estimated recovery time between 6 and 8 weeks. During that time, I'm not going to be able to do anything except lay down and be on a ton of eff-you-up meds. You guys probably don't need to know the specifics of my surgery, but if you're interested in what's going on, I don't mind answering questions via PM.

Since I'm going to have nothing but time on my hands while I recover, would you like some help with the Ultimate Psionics information?

I've noticed that you're particularly behind in the psionic archetypes for core classes, base classes and psionic classes. Maybe I could help out there?

You also have not yet included any of the Psionic Prestige Classes as well. Could I help out with that?

I don't really know all that much about XML programming, however I am a quick learner. That said, I'm also pretty good at following a template and making changes to ii and adding onto it if that's something you'd like to provide me with.

I'd really like to help out this Ultimate Psionics repository since I love the book, and one of my players has decided he wants to give the Marksman a try once I've recovered enough to DM again. By helping out the community by providing psionics archetypes and prestige classes, I'd also be helping him out as well, so I'd feel like I'm contributing to the community as a whole as well as my group while I'm unable to actually participate in playing Pathfinder during this long recovery.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, let me know here or in a PM.

I hope I can help you out!
koesherbacon is offline   #807
TCArknight

Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:54 AM
Check your Pm KB, I'd be glad for the help
TCArknight is offline   #808
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Quote:
d20pfsrd - Community Bestiary (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting adventure path and 3PP monsters. I have combined all these different books into one large data set for the community. Inside you will find hundreds of evil creatures to torture your players with or I mean give XP too.

So after installing this data set you will have a large number of books that can be check marked in the Configure Your Hero window listed under the "Hero Lab Community" section. The adventure path monsters are all setup to work under the already included Adventure Path books. Please note that not EVERY book is fully inputted at this time.

Installation Instructions
See THIS post for full details.

Version Notes

Version 2.23 - July 6, 2014
-Added in Risner's/Andrew's PFS Boons. These are setup as vanities and allow for adding special PFS equipment or for allowing additions to your character to become valid. So in example if you take an Axe Beak animal companion as a ranger normally you will have an error listed on your character. Now you can go to the "other" tab and add the Vanity "PFS: Axe Beak Companion" and the axe beak will be marked as valid.
-The new option is called "PFS Boons (as Vanities)".
-New adjustment added called "PFS, Feat or Trait" that allows for marking a Feat or Trait that is not normally allowed for PFS characters to be valid.
-Misc fixes to weapons and racial abilities.
-Started to cut down on allot of the duplicate abilities that the CB adds.
-Source marked some of the generic weapons like "Rock" and "Improvised Weapon" to the "User Content" parent source. This way if any user content gets activated it will display. This is because they are linked to anything in the "Community Bestiary".
-Added the new option "Hide CB deities" which will prevent all Community Bestiary added deities from displaying.
-Added in v2.9 of ShadowChemosh adjustments.

Quote:
d20pfsrd - Community Player Pack (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting 3PP adventure path and Paizo modules. This has allowed us to create a data set that is player centric in its goal. While LW inputs the player specific items from Paizo Adventure paths until now players had to fend for themselves if they played in a Paizo Module or a 3PP AP. Well we have you covered as this data set is for players in mind. So if your a player and looking for magic items, equipment, weapons, armor, feats, traits, spells, classes, archetypes, or prestiage classes from 3PP adventures or Paizo Modules this data package is for you!

Installation Instructions
See THIS post for full details.

Version Notes

Version 2.23 - July 6, 2014
-Added in Risner's/Andrew's PFS Boons. These are setup as vanities and allow for adding special PFS equipment or for allowing additions to your character to become valid. So in example if you take an Axe Beak animal companion as a ranger normally you will have an error listed on your character. Now you can go to the "other" tab and add the Vanity "PFS: Axe Beak Companion" and the axe beak will be marked as valid.
-The new option is called "PFS Boons (as Vanities)".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #809
zauriel56

Old July 7th, 2014, 12:56 PM
How do i fix ...
The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_PFS Boons PlayerPack.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('gVioletVen')

I know somewhere someone said to move one copy out of the community file, but want to make sure that is still correct.
zauriel56 is offline   #810
Closed Thread