Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hirsute

Old April 4th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Hey all,

I'm trying to put in an adjustment that will add Pounce to my beastmorph alchemist when a mutagen is consumed.

Copying the Racial ability, Darkvision adjustment, I created the adjustment, took off the counter because this one doesn't need it, and bootstrapped raPounce to it.

I added the following condition to the bootstrap:
fieldvalIsOn <> 0

And added the following evaluation script to the adjustment:
~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

Now, when I add the adjustment to the hero, Pounce (Ex) is listed as I'd expect, but when I disable (without removing) the adjustment, Pounce (Ex) remains, unlike the Racial ability, Darkvision adjustment I looked at here.

How do I make it so that when the adjustment is disabled, Pounce disappears from the character?

edit:
I changed the subtype from Special Abilities to Race Modifications and now it works as I'd expect. Not exactly sure why this made a difference, but leaving this here for posterity.

Last edited by Hirsute; April 4th, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
Hirsute is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 4th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Did you just use Test Now! on this adjustment, or did you quick reload the data files? Test Now can't apply bootstrap conditions - it leaves them as condition-less bootstraps.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hirsute

Old April 5th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Mathias: Ultimately, at this point, I'm unsure. My general routine is "Test Now". If that works, I tell it to compile the file, save it, and close the editor, then add (or remove and re-add in the case of something that wasn't working as expected) the ability to character to see if it's functioning in action like I expect it to.

It is possible that I used "Test Now" and got distracted and did not recompile before saving the .user file and exiting the editor.
Hirsute is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsute View Post
Mathias: Ultimately, at this point, I'm unsure. My general routine is "Test Now". If that works, I tell it to compile the file, save it, and close the editor, then add (or remove and re-add in the case of something that wasn't working as expected) the ability to character to see if it's functioning in action like I expect it to.

It is possible that I used "Test Now" and got distracted and did not recompile before saving the .user file and exiting the editor.
You can save time by just using "CTRL-R" to do a quick reload. No need to close down the editor or anything.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hirsute

Old April 5th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the tip, that will save time!
Hirsute is offline   #5 Reply With Quote