Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chiefweasel

Old December 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Ah, settings were different for my account, had to make some changes.
Attached Files
File Type: email Custom_Magic_Items.user (1.1 KB, 3 views)

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
mathematical Pi

Old December 10th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Tested and works. I'm going to mess around with these eval scripts some more now. :-)

Thanks everyone for the help.
mathematical Pi is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematical Pi View Post
Tested and works. I'm going to mess around with these eval scripts some more now. :-)

Thanks everyone for the help.
My advice is to watch the Intro Videos as they will teach you to work the editor. The example it uses is converting a clock of resistance into a cloak of protection to give a dodge bonus to AC. I think it will really help you out.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old December 10th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematical Pi View Post
As a wizard I'm not proficient with any armor and this would be a substitute for that. The price might seem low, but this robe will give me the same AC bonus as a Chain Shirt which only costs 100gp. (Both are armor bonusses to AC so they dont stack)

+ bonusses as they appear on armor or ring of protection are enhancement/delfection bonusses and they do stack with a normal armor. I believe that is why they are more expensive.
Technically game rule and balance discussions should be done on the Paizo forums, but since you're here:

The price of +4 bracers of armor, which don't stack with normal armor, is 16,000. The first step to pricing magic items is to compare to similar items that provide similar bonuses. Since you are creating an item that provides a +4 force effect armor bonus to AC, it should be priced at the same level as an existing item which provides the same bonus: the +4 bracers, which (by no coincidence at all) provide a +4 force effect armor bonus to AC. Ergo, by the Pathfinder game rules, continuous Mage Armor should cost no less than 16,000.

There would otherwise be essentially no reason to ever buy +4 bracers of armor.
Chemlak is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Muspellsheimr

Old December 10th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Since it is already being discussed, what this comes down to is that the magic item system and spell system were designed separately, with the 'continuous spell effect' pricing thrown in almost as an afterthought. In a half-assed attempt to 'fix' some rather large discrepancies, they added a tag of 'these prices are only usable if you can't find something else similar'.

What I would suggest doing (house rules) is changing Bracers of Armor to a +1 to +5 scale, and have it provide an enhancement bonus to armor, making it stack with both mundane armor and effects like the mage armor spell, but *not* stacking with the enhancement bonus of whatever armor a character happens to be wearing (use the special effects of whichever source has the highest enhancement value, similar to the bracer's current restriction). This has the added benefit of making the bracers particularly valuable as random loot, as it allows you to hand out a 'suit of armor' that any character in the group can benefit from.

As an optional addition to the above rule, change the mage armor spell to scale based on character level (+2, additional +1 per two levels above first, up to +6 at 9th). Another spell that should be changed to scale on character level is expeditious retreat, as that has some unfortunate overlap with Boots of Striding and Springing, similar to the aforementioned issue with mage armor & Bracers of Armor.
Muspellsheimr is offline   #15 Reply With Quote