Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lorangriel

Old November 4th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I am trying to add a spell like ability to an NPC character. I thought I could do it via adding a permanent adjustment but the option isn't there. I can add spells per day or spells known, but in both cases, I have to populated a pull down menu that says "nothing to select" And there is nothing on the In-Play or Special tabs, or any of the other tabs for that matter, for me to select that will populate that list.

I am just looking for a simple way to add a 1/day, or 3/day or whatever spell like ability to a monster.

Thanks,

Lorangriel
Lorangriel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 4th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I can't think of any easy way without using the Editor. You can make an adjustment that bootstraps the Spell you want to be a Sp and set the tags "Helper.SpellLike" & "Usage.Day". Then set the field "trkMax" to be 1 or 3.

That is the easiest way of doing it.

If you want more info on the editor see FAQ#2 and it will be helpful to read the Glossary of Terms.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lorangriel

Old November 5th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Hmmm... Has this not been requested yet? If not, then perhaps I should do it. I can think of so many situations where I would need to add extra spell like abilities...

Lorangriel
Lorangriel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 5th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorangriel View Post
Hmmm... Has this not been requested yet?
Actually not that I recall. I tried a quick Proof of Concept to see if I could make an adjustment to do this and so far the answer is no. The issue I am running into is generating a Portal to allow the selection of the spell. The Configurator are locked to Racial Abilities or Abilities.

You maybe looking at something that really requires the use of the Editor to add stuff like this.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 5th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I could see a workaround for this, but it wouldn't work around things very well. For example, you could add simple abilities that select among spells and apply the SpInfo tag for the chosen spell to themselves. The main problem is that it would not generate DCs and CL very well (since a lot of the bonuses to those are built into the BaseSpell component). Now that I think of it... I wonder how the custom race creator handles this sort of thing... I'll look into that.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 5th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Hmm. Looks like it's just in a specially built table that lets you add the spells. I might be able to just add a similar table to configurables. I've been given free reign for the next couple days to make desired improvements as a reward for cranking on Bestiary 4 for the last few months, so I will see what I can do.

Last edited by Aaron; November 5th, 2013 at 11:03 PM.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 6th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Actually, Aaron, how about showing the existing table on the background tab once the Customize button is checked?
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
I don't know that would be appropriate. The Customize? button strikes me as allowing you to shift around existing resources, or otherwise make changes which don't affect the overall power of the monster. Adding spell like abilities both adds a resource and potentially increases monster power, both of which say "adjustment" to me.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote