Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JoeElf

Old August 12th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Is it possible to get the Arcane Talent feat's spell to show up in the Spells listing or to add other classes to the listing in Spells Known (despite being a single class character)?

I have a Bard, and I selected Arcane Talent to get the spell Ray of Frost. I can't seem to get that spell into the list or the Spells - Full Descriptions when I do the Save Portfolio as PDF.

I also took Magical Talent and selected a spell from the Bard list (Mage Hand), so I was able to use the Adjust > Other Adjustments > Spells Known to add that one.

The easiest way to solve the problem is probably to allow more than having only Bard listed in the dropdown box in the Adjust > Other Adjustments > Spells Known area.

I also tried to add Ray of Frost as a custom wand for free, and I did get the description with the damage of 1d3 listed. However, the Casting Time, Components, Range, Saving Throw, and Spell Resistance are all missing on the print preview for the Abilities & Gear page.

Thanks,
Joe
JoeElf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JoeElf

Old February 11th, 2017, 08:17 AM
In case anyone searches for this later, I was really working with the trait Two World Magic.
In Feats tab: add a Custom Trait with text Two World Magic as a Magic Trait.
In Adjust tab: add Spells Known with +1 and Bard level 0 with text boxes Acid Splash and Two World Magic.
In Adjust tab: Add Spell to Class Spell List with Acid Splash and Bard, with text Two World Magic.

I tried to do Configure Hero > House Rules > Bonus 0-level spells, but that did not appear to do anything.
JoeElf is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 11th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeElf View Post
Is it possible to get the Arcane Talent feat's spell to show up in the Spells listing or to add other classes to the listing in Spells Known (despite being a single class character)?

I have a Bard, and I selected Arcane Talent to get the spell Ray of Frost. I can't seem to get that spell into the list or the Spells - Full Descriptions when I do the Save Portfolio as PDF.
Ummm what? Arcane Talent makes a cantrip a Spell-Like ability. Sp are not added to any spell lists or spells known. They will display on the Spells tab.

Quote:
The easiest way to solve the problem is probably to allow more than having only Bard listed in the dropdown box in the Adjust > Other Adjustments > Spells Known area.
You can't add to a class that is not a Pick (live on a character). Even if you could what would be the purpose of doing so? You can only change classes that are on your character.

If you are trying to change Things in the HL database you need to use the editor.

Quote:
I also tried to add Ray of Frost as a custom wand for free, and I did get the description with the damage of 1d3 listed. However, the Casting Time, Components, Range, Saving Throw, and Spell Resistance are all missing on the print preview for the Abilities & Gear page.
Yep always been this way. I guess you could try reporting this as as bug.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 11th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Quote:
In case anyone searches for this later, I was really working with the trait Two World Magic.
In Feats tab: add a Custom Trait with text Two World Magic as a Magic Trait.
In Adjust tab: add Spells Known with +1 and Bard level 0 with text boxes Acid Splash and Two World Magic.
In Adjust tab: Add Spell to Class Spell List with Acid Splash and Bard, with text Two World Magic.

I tried to do Configure Hero > House Rules > Bonus 0-level spells, but that did not appear to do anything.
Why not just add the Two World Magic trait to your character?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 11th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote