Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jhalad

Old July 1st, 2012, 05:45 AM
The default Hero Configuration does not change, even when I save it as a new default. No matter what I do, certain books will not stay activated. Whenever I open up a new character or start the program, I need to reselect them. Any suggestions?
Jhalad is offline   #341 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 1st, 2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalad View Post
The default Hero Configuration does not change, even when I save it as a new default. No matter what I do, certain books will not stay activated. Whenever I open up a new character or start the program, I need to reselect them. Any suggestions?
Setting the Default values only sets the default values for NEW characters/blank characters. Each characters saves the checked books/sources as they can be different for each game.

Usually to get the sources to stay for a character I always dirty up the profile before saving it. That means make any small change like put a space in your name and then take it out. If you "Only" change the sources I have found they don't always get saved with the character.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #342 Reply With Quote
Morrick

Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
I am currently playing a Red Mantis Assassin in the Serpent campaign and I have found the light weapon rule regarding Sawtooth sabers does not apply. I set the character up with two daggers and the equivalent feats and then reset it to his normal settings with sabers and the variance goes from +11 to +9. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I recall it working prior to this latest patch.
Morrick is offline   #343 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Are you by any chance using Weapon Finesse with the daggers? Changing to the sabre will switch your mods from DEX to STR.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #344 Reply With Quote
Morrick

Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Are you by any chance using Weapon Finesse with the daggers? Changing to the sabre will switch your mods from DEX to STR.
The RMA has a class feature which allows her to use two Sawtooth Sabers as light weapons when Two Weapon Fighting. Therefore weapon finesse should apply. Yes I am using Weapon Finese
Morrick is offline   #345 Reply With Quote
JohnF

Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I have a Multi-Class Ranger 6/Wizard 1, and a Leopard animal companion.

If I add the feat "Boon Companion" the Animal Companion should end up with 7 hit dice (limited by total character level), but only ends up with 6.

The number of Animal Tricks my companion can learn also does not appear to be taking into consideration the bonus tricks from its level.

Last edited by JohnF; July 3rd, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
JohnF is offline   #346 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrick View Post
The RMA has a class feature which allows her to use two Sawtooth Sabers as light weapons when Two Weapon Fighting. Therefore weapon finesse should apply. Yes I am using Weapon Finese
No such class feature check the pfsrd.

I think your thinking of one of the previous incarnations of the weapon. The latest rules let you use it as light when you TWF but not for weapon finesse. So that would be why you the attack bonus drop.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #347 Reply With Quote
Xorial

Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
No such class feature check the pfsrd.

I think your thinking of one of the previous incarnations of the weapon. The latest rules let you use it as light when you TWF but not for weapon finesse. So that would be why you the attack bonus drop.
Actually, you can use weapon finesse with it, if you take Exotic Weapon Proficiency Sawtooth Sabre. Otherwise, it functions like a longsword. I am doing that now in a game.

Lo, there do I see my Father..
Lo, there do I see my Mother
And my Sisters and my Brothers..
Lo, there do I see the line
Of my people back to the beginning..
Thay do bid me to take my place among them..
In the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the Brave may live forever.
Xorial is offline   #348 Reply With Quote
Vrischika111

Old July 4th, 2012, 01:05 AM
the monk archetype "maneuver master" generates a wrong CMB at level 3 or above if you activate the "flurry of maneuver" in 'in-play" tab

this is probably because monk 3 already takes the monk level in place of the BAB for maneuver.

the flurry of maneuver also takes the monk level instead of bab, and so the difference is added twice.
Vrischika111 is offline   #349 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old July 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Here are errors I have found:

In the ARG Race Creator:

Large Size: +2 STR -2 DEX
Tiny Size: -2 STR +2 DEX

The Weakness Ability Score suite costs -1 Race Point

Xenophobic Language costs -1 Race Point.

I get an error with the all non Humanoids that the Humanoid Type requires a sub type.
dartnet is offline   #350 Reply With Quote