Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
d20pfsrd - Community Bestiary (vX.XX)
The Community has been hard at work inputting adventure path and 3PP monsters. I have combined all these different books into one large data set for the community. Inside you will find hundreds of evil creatures to torture your players with or I mean give XP too.

Installation Instructions
See THIS post for full details.
v2.10 - March 17, 2013
ShadowChemosh
-Witch Tree now gets all four of its attacks again.
-Fixed Transformation bug that came back again.
-Added Conditions to Transformation's Feats that are bootstrapped so when the ability is turned off the feats go away.
-Made structural changes to better support the Community Bestiary and Player Pack at the same time.
-Added non-magical versions of the following armors: Mithral Shirt, Dragonhide Plate, Dwarven Plate. This allows for making magical versions of these armor very easily so that they can be used on NPCs and monsters.
-Removed all invalid tags that MAC computers can't deal with.
Frumple
-Added Shattered Star Chapter 6 NPCs, Monsters, and encounters. Download Part2 to get these.
-Added Reign of Winter Chapter 1 NPCs, Monsters, and encounters. (Chapter 2 coming soon!). Download Part1 to get these.
-Added (Bunyip, Oceanic) Bestiary 2 variant monster.
-Updated The Hungry Storm AP51 information.
-Added module Crucible of Chaos.
-Updated the whole Legacy of Fire adventure path files including NPCs, Monsters, and Encounters. Download the .por zip files Part1 and Part2 again please.
Bodrin
-Added book 3 of the Way of the Wicked including NPCs, Monsters, and encounters. Download this in Part2 please.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #361
Diego

Old March 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
First thing is the Player Pack and Community Bestiary should never be in the same install. But doubt it would cause the above. My guess here is the above message appears when you open up a .por file?

Also I am going to go with your getting an error message as soon you load Pathfinder. That error message is the one I need to see as it has thrown HL into safe mode and is no longer loading all the .user/custom stuff.

If you could copy/past the very first error message you get when starting Pathfinder I would appreciate it as that will help narrow it down. If your not getting any error message first let me know that also.

It can't copy/past it, but the text is

"The data file could not be loaded due to errors. Hero lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Modern_Path_MSRD_Core_Classes.user (line6)-Thing-Duplicate record encountered('IKOPunch?)
File: PFRPG_Modern_Path_MSRD_Core_Classes.user (line20)-Thing-Duplicate record encountered('Windfall')

and so on for 3 page of errors. the last one is:

File: PFRPG_Modern_Path_MSRD_Core_Classes.user (line827)-Thing-Duplicate record encountered('cAware')
Diego is offline   #362
Frodie

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:54 AM
ugg, ok. Make sure you use the new modern files.

They go here:

C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder
Attached Files
File Type: zip PFRPG_Modern_Path_Test3.zip (501.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Frodie; March 18th, 2013 at 06:56 AM.
Frodie is offline   #363
Frodie

Old March 18th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I did get this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 19) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pModules')
File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 27) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pModuSRD')

I just delete that files and all is good.

Last edited by Frodie; March 18th, 2013 at 07:04 AM.
Frodie is offline   #364
ShadowChemosh

Old March 18th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
I did get this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 19) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pModules')
File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 27) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pModuSRD')

I just delete that files and all is good.
Did you load the player pack and Community Bestiary together into the same data package? They should NOT be loaded together as everything in the Player Pack is in the CB. I just tested and if you load the Player Pack and THEN the Community Bestiary the above message appears.

In this case to fix delete the Player Pack totally Tools->Manage Third Party Tools. Then reinstall the Community Bestiary after you delete the Player Pack.

I never figured people would want to load both of these at the same time as they are duplicates of each other. If your the DM you load the CB as a player you load the Player Pack. If your the DM your getting everything the players get in the CB and more. If your a player with no access to the all the additional packages you couldn't even get the CB to load.

I am not even sure I could get the two to work together at this point as they have LOTS of the same duplicated files and things. As they are literately mirror images of each other. The player Pack just has less DM needed things.

I added text to the Player Pack installer in red to NOT install both. Hopefully that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; March 18th, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #365
Diego

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
I never figured people would want to load both of these at the same time as they are duplicates of each other. If your the DM you load the CB as a player you load the Player Pack. If your the DM your getting everything the players get in the CB and more. If your a player with no access to the all the additional packages you couldn't even get the CB to load.
At least in my case I loaded both only after I did get the error message and the CB stopped working. So the error wasn't generated by having them both but was preexistent.

Removing both the modern path and the Player pack resolved the problem.
Diego is offline   #366
AndrewD2

Old April 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Hey Shadow, any chance for an adjustment of "All Skills"? In the "Blessing of the Harrow" from the harrower prestige class one of the options is a bonus to all skill checks.
AndrewD2 is offline   #367
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Hey Shadow, any chance for an adjustment of "All Skills"? In the "Blessing of the Harrow" from the harrower prestige class one of the options is a bonus to all skill checks.
Sure I have a new version coming out really soon. I can add that pretty easily.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #368
Jhalad

Old April 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Any plans on adding the Dust Creature template from the Advanced Bestiary?
Jhalad is offline   #369
ShadowChemosh

Old April 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalad View Post
Any plans on adding the Dust Creature template from the Advanced Bestiary?
I have heard that Frumple will be moving on to the Advanced Bestiary soon actually. Now that ToH is finished he is getting antsy for another project.

So yes but I have no confirmed date for when that will be....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #370
Closed Thread