Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Globetrotter

Old December 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
What gets me is that the program is coded for it, but it doesn't display on the consul. Only the exported stat block.

Would this be difficult to add Mathias?

Edit.... It does show up... but not on the tactical consul. Pretty close... could we add it to the consul weapon description (the spot where you move your cursor over the sword and it give you close detail on the weapons).

Last edited by Globetrotter; December 17th, 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Globetrotter is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old December 17th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks Shadow, great advice.
Globetrotter is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Where does it allow weapon focus for maneuvers?
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 17th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Where does it allow weapon focus for maneuvers?
Under the Combat section for Combat Maneuvers.

Here is the important section of the CMB rules with the section highlighted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSRD
When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver.
From the Unofficial FAQ we have James Jacobs confirming this use of the CMB.

Q: Since disarm, sunder, and trip are attack actions (not standard maneuvers like bull rush, overrun, or grapple), does the Weapon Finesse feat allow the fighter to add his Dex to his CMB for those specific attacks? Or would I need Agile Maneuvers no matter what maneuver I wanted?
A: (James Jacobs 9/25/09) Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus, and similar feats would only apply when you're attempting a combat maneuver with that weapon. For the most part, this would be limited to things like disarm or sunder or MAYBE trip. You wouldn't get this bonus to things like overrun, bull rush, or grapple that don't use a weapon attack as part of their requirements. Agile Maneuvers applies to EVERY maneuver every time. [Source]

Hopefully that helps and I agree that its another area of the rules you sort of have to read into it. Really wish they had put more examples like WotC did with 3.5 into the rules.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2010, 03:24 PM
This is going to take forever to implement. Everything that adds an attack bonus is going to have to be checked for whether it applies to CMB and modified to do so.

Every weapon is going to have to be able to display the stats for every maneuver (they'll hide the ones that don't differ from the base, but theoretically, you could have a weapon with different modifiers to all sorts of maneuvers, and if you have maneuver feats/abilities, that means every weapon needs to display that maneuver, whether it has its own modifier to that maneuver), and weapons are already pressed for space in their displays.

Do the two-weapon fighting rules apply here, too? I presume they're an effect, and they're mitigated by feats, so probably so.

Does this mean that the Grab ability only applies its bonus to the specific weapon that ability is applied to, or do they still get a bonus to all grapple attacks? (if for some reason you were grappling with another attack than the one that normally has the grab ability - you'd lose the no-AoO that grab grants, but do you retain the bonus?)

Does this essentially mean that if you're not carrying any weapons, the amulet of mighty fists adds to all CMB checks?

And what is with that ruling! It's just saying GM's Fiat! I can't code something that fuzzy into HL.

Sigh.
Added to my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 17th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
This is going to take forever to implement. Everything that adds an attack bonus is going to have to be checked for whether it applies to CMB and modified to do so.
Yep in agreement here. Ran into the same situation when I started to modify each weapon to attempt to apply this. In the end I went with an adjustment that requires input from the player.

Quote:
Every weapon is going to have to be able to display the stats for every maneuver (they'll hide the ones that don't differ from the base, but theoretically, you could have a weapon with different modifiers to all sorts of maneuvers, and if you have maneuver feats/abilities, that means every weapon needs to display that maneuver, whether it has its own modifier to that maneuver), and weapons are already pressed for space in their displays.
Yea space here is going to be a killer and don't currently have any good advice on a fix here.

Quote:
Do the two-weapon fighting rules apply here, too? I presume they're an effect, and they're mitigated by feats, so probably so.
Correct yes they would also.

Quote:
Does this mean that the Grab ability only applies its bonus to the specific weapon that ability is applied to, or do they still get a bonus to all grapple attacks? (if for some reason you were grappling with another attack than the one that normally has the grab ability - you'd lose the no-AoO that grab grants, but do you retain the bonus?)
My reading of this is that Grab is like the feat and provides a +4 bonus to ALL grapple checks the monster makes regardless of the attack. Though only the weapon with Grab gets to do the Grab special attack. That seems to be the most sane way of doing it.

Quote:
Does this essentially mean that if you're not carrying any weapons, the amulet of mighty fists adds to all CMB checks?
Reading it RAW no it should only apply to Weapon Attacks like disarm and sunder. As Bull Rush and Overrun don't use weapons they don't get any bonus from weapon things including the Amulet.

Quote:
And what is with that ruling! It's just saying GM's Fiat! I can't code something that fuzzy into HL.
LOL I am sorry but this really made me laugh. Not at you Mathias just the situation. As that is Paizo's really big stance lately is for an answer ask your DM. That is really helpful especially those playing PFS.

Quote:
Sigh.
Added to my to-do list.
Sorry to ruin your Friday.

Though the above is why I finally went with an adjustment that requires some human input. It was nice when I did the AA to have those on each weapon, but their are so many things to take into account that it was not really correct. Their are SO many variables in coding it is going to be REALLY fun.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
risner

Old December 18th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
This is going to take forever to implement.

Do the two-weapon fighting rules apply here, too?

lose the no-AoO that grab grants, but do you retain the bonus?)

I can't code something that fuzzy into HL.
I don't think it is as hard as you are worried. I added a bunch of these type things for the Adventure Armory using duplicated code that Shadow wrote. The code just updated the livename of the weapon to print CMx+Y where x is what it has a bonus and Y is the current CMx+whatever the weapon had a bonus currently.

TWF applies to all attacks and would apply to CMx rolls.

You wouldn't retain the bonus on grab if you are not using the grab weapon.

Yes AoMF is +x to all CMB checks but would be with the unarmed weapon only, so if you had +2 from AoMF and a weapon that is +2 the result is they are with different weapons and wouldn't interact. In other words "Unarmed +Y CMB" (which is +2 over CMB from AoMF) and "Sickle +Y Disarm" would not include the bonus from Unarmed.

I'm not sure it is as fuzzy as you are worried it is. ;-)
risner is offline   #17 Reply With Quote