Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
I had a similar AC issue with my paladin.

When I activate the smite evil class feature it increases my AC, however, this is a situational increase. Following how hero lab normally operations, situational increases should not show, but maybe an astrict appears.

This is the same level of frustration I have with the furious focus feat, I have to either make an adjustment and forget I have the adjustment and use it on AoO, or remove it and forget I have the + to hit.

6 of one, half dozen of another.
The intent behind having Smite Evil be an activated ability is that you turn it on, see what your stats are against the specific enemy, then turn it off again, rather than leaving it enabled for a long time. We could change it to add a situational modifier like the other abilities, but that doesn't really help - we've just changed it from being "you're less likely to forget the bonus" to "you're less likely to remember the bonus".

The only way I can see to make it significantly better would be to show the base score for a stat (or weapon damage, or whatever), then show the modified score for Smite Evil under it. Unfortunately this has two problems:

1) It uses a lot of space - if you have two or three different abilities that modify each stat, now everything takes twice as much height as it used to

2) If you have two or three different abilities that modify a stat, you can no longer turn them all on at once to see what the total value is - you'd have to add them up yourself.

If you have other ideas for how we can display this appropriately I'm interested in hearing them, but I couldn't think of anything that would work well.
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote