Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dereth66

Old November 6th, 2016, 01:35 PM
So how many packs is the limit then cause i have a lot of stuff from here and lone wolfs website and once in a while i get the out of memory error, does HL not use all the memory windows can use> i mean i have 32 gig of ram on my computer cant see it running out of room? sorry for my confusion i have so i dont get the error leave some of the old add ons off right now, but wondered what and how the limit worked?
dereth66 is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 6th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereth66 View Post
So how many packs is the limit then cause i have a lot of stuff from here and lone wolfs website and once in a while i get the out of memory error, does HL not use all the memory windows can use> i mean i have 32 gig of ram on my computer cant see it running out of room? sorry for my confusion i have so i dont get the error leave some of the old add ons off right now, but wondered what and how the limit worked?
The issue is fixed in the latest HL Beta. I would recommend downloading and seeing if that fixes your issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 6th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Version 1.12 just went live. Patch notes here.

I've reworked the way bonus spheres are granted by certain classes like the Elementalist. I used to automatically bootstrap the initial talent that grants the sphere, which is convenient but doesn't match up with how it should work when you gain a bonus sphere that you already had access to (you're supposed to then gain a bonus talent in the same sphere, as per DDS' rulings). So instead, I now slap the hero with a "bonus sphere" tag that increases talent count by 1 but also adds a validation check to remind you that the character needs to take a talent from the appropriate sphere.

The upshot of this is that after updating to 1.12, you may see that your character has "lost" a sphere but gained an extra talent. Just spend that talent on the sphere they're supposed to have. I do regret this inconvenience but I think it's the best way to handle overlapping bonus spheres going forward.

Also, if you've got any Armorists in your portfolio, check out the new Bound/Summoned Equipment tab. This lets you designate any customizable weapon, armor, or shield as either Bound or Summoned equipment. Such items will have their bonuses and powers validated to ensure that they match up with what you're allowed to put on them as appropriate to your level.

And here's the part where I JUST NOW realize that I forgot that Armorists can bind sphere staves, and so I don't have options for them to do that. I'll get that into the next update, which should not take nearly as much time as this one did.

This feature was inspired when I was making the Warden archetype from the Nature handbook and realized I had no way of knowing if a given weapon was bound/summoned or not.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; November 19th, 2016 at 12:24 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 11th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Fey Adept are getting some of their later abilities at level 1.

My (LV 01) Half-Elf has:
- Darkvision (should get that at 2nd level)
- Damage Reduction 10/cold iron (should get that at 20th)

The darkvision is listed as 90 ft.

Last edited by Ualaa; November 11th, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
Ualaa is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 11th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the report. I've fixed the abilities being granted too early in my current build. The incorrect Darkvision range, however, seems to be a HL bug. I've reported it but you may want to do the same thing. Personally, I used a 10th-level Human Superstitious Barbarian to do independent testing.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; November 11th, 2016 at 05:34 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 14th, 2016, 12:23 PM
A request, but maybe I'm reading the option wrong...

Can 'Limit Sphere Talents to 1/2 character level' allow for a minimum of 1, without reporting an error.
As a level 1 character, having anything aside from just the base Sphere reports an error.

Generally, level divided by two effects, still allow a minimum of 1.
Ualaa is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 14th, 2016, 02:02 PM
I'll think about that. This being a houserule, there's probably no definitive RAW answer on the matter. But I generally operate under the assumption that the base sphere counts as a "talent", since you spend talents to gain access to the sphere.

Any other SoP players care to weigh in?
TheIronGolem is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I consider the base spheres as one talent each. This houserule requires non-specialization and only with an incanter-like class you can get into the situation that you have more base spheres than later you actually want to spent talents on. Not sure if that is bad enough to require a fix. There are at least Divination and Light which are always good choices to have just the base spheres (and maybe a specialization talent).

On that matter, I suppose talents from specializations should be exempt from this limit.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:44 PM
A straight Elementalist, with Destruction as a bonus sphere and two talents for being first level, it would be nice if they could spend one of the two in Destruction.

The same goes for any class, with a free Sphere at first level, since every Sphere class has two talents at first level.

If that doesn't work, it's not the end of the world.

The check box is an optional house rule - one that makes sense, as we go up in levels. If Hero Lab gives a validation error, it can either be ignored or the box doesn't need to be checked until 2nd level.

I just thought it strange, that with the option enabled, an Elementalist cannot spend either of their two talents in Destruction; a Fey Adept cannot spend either of their two in Illusion, nor an Eliciter in Mind, a Symbiat cannot spend their bonus two powers in either of the Spheres they get for free, a Shifter cannot spend theirs in Alteration...

It seems odd to me, anyway.
Ualaa is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 19th, 2016, 01:12 PM
1.13 update just went live. Nothing huge, it's basically just Bound Staves plus a couple of bugfixes (thanks again to Ualaa for catching those Fey Adept bugs).

The Geomancer's Handbook is feature-complete and I'll be submitting it to DDS for distribution soon.

I haven't yet decided which handbook to add next, so if you'd like to weigh in on that, now's the time.
TheIronGolem is offline   #180 Reply With Quote