Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old February 28th, 2016, 05:07 PM
For silvered weapons, which are important in my campaign world, I just copy an existing weapons, say "short sword" in the editor and change the name to "Shortsword, Silvered" edit the summary, description, and cost.

But in some cases I will have a character that will have a "short sword" with no issues, but if I try to give that same character a silvered short sword, I get an error that the character is not proficient in that weapon.

Currently I just give the character a specific weapons proficiency in "Silvered [weapon you are already proficient in]" in the "Adjustments" tab. I'm wondering if there is anything I should be doing in the editor so that I don't need to make an adjustment just because a weapon is silvered.

Also, is there anything I should consider doing with silvered weapons so that the tactical console will not that they can hit creatures that are immune to non-silvered weapons? I've not used the tactical console yet, so I'm not sure how much of this stuff can be automated.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote

Last edited by MNBlockHead; February 28th, 2016 at 05:09 PM. Reason: described by current work-around
MNBlockHead is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
For silvered weapons, which are important in my campaign world, I just copy an existing weapons, say "short sword" in the editor and change the name to "Shortsword, Silvered" edit the summary, description, and cost.
By doing this you didn't make a "Slivershort sword" you made a "WHOLE" new weapon that has nothing in common with a Short Sword. In example if a character gained a +1 to hit with a shortsword your "new" weapon will not get this. This happens because nothing about your "weapon" knows its to act the same way as a shortsword. HL works off of "tags" not weapon names.

Quote:
But in some cases I will have a character that will have a "short sword" with no issues, but if I try to give that same character a silvered short sword, I get an error that the character is not proficient in that weapon.
Because you created a totally unique "weapon" not a Silver shortsword. To fix this for now you want to use the "Counts as Weapon" button in the editor (ie Weapon tab) to tell HL to treat your new weapon just like a shortsword.

This should work in pretty much the same way as making a +1 weapon would where you get a pop up window to select the "base" weapon to make silver. As this material is in the SRD this should be fully supported by 5e out of box. So I personally would report this as a bug to LW to be added in a future release.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old February 28th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Okay, missed the "counts as weapon" property. Eyes must be getting tired. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I didn't see as "counts as" button for gear items. It is sufficient for silvered arrow to simple designate "gear type" as ammo?

Lastly, how do you handle poisoned ammo and weapons? E.g., you poison it and the poison property only lasts for one hit.

MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 29th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Did you ever report this issue about unable to make Sliver weapons?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 1st, 2016, 11:14 AM
No...that last few weeks have been busy at work. I had a few hours over a couple days that I was playing with getting my players' into HL and then I had to table it. I will say, however, that at least one of my players found it useful enough to buy HL.

MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 1st, 2016, 11:23 AM
Quote:
No...that last few weeks have been busy at work. I had a few hours over a couple days that I was playing with getting my players' into HL and then I had to table it. I will say, however, that at least one of my players found it useful enough to buy HL.
Ok thanks. I added the ability to easily make Silver weapons and magical silver weapons/ammo into the community pack. But I am wondering if this should really be given to LW to add officially as Slivered is in the SRD.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 1st, 2016, 11:29 AM
I reported it as a bug. :-)

Thanks for adding it the community pack.

MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote