Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

anders@dot.se

Send a message via Skype™ to anders@dot.se

Old April 7th, 2014, 01:10 AM
I am currently customization my Hero Lab to suit my campaign setting (Harn, Columbia Games).

I have customized the deities and are now over to customizing the following, which I do not find any references or guides on how to, hence I turn to this venerable forum for advice:

1) Ethnicities: I want to add ethnicities for humans. Where and how?

2) Honor (Ultimate Campaign): I want to add new honor codes. Where and how?

3) Fame & Reputation (Ultimate Campaign): I want to add fame and PP. Where and how?

4) Factions: I want to add new factions. Where and how?

5) New background feature: I want to add the Personality Traits feature from the Pendragon system. This is a set of 10 personality traits in opposed pairs - Valourous/Cowardly, Prudent/Reckless, Forgiving/Vengeful etc - each pair or trait with a value range of 0-20). I have looked for a mechanism suitable to mimic with the "New (Copy)" command and was wondering if you could give me advice?

Last edited by anders@dot.se; April 7th, 2014 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Typo
anders@dot.se is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 7th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders@dot.se View Post
In the editor you will find Ethnicties now by going to "Race->Racial Cust Special". Then these racial specials get a special tag by checking the box "Ethnicity?".

Quote:
Not near HL and don't do these allot. But they will be under the "Campaign" tab.

Quote:
3) Fame & Reputation (Ultimate Campaign): I want to add fame and PP. Where and how?
"Campaign->Faction" and then their is a check box for Reputation.

Quote:
"Campaign->Faction"

Quote:
5) New background feature: I want to add the Personality Traits feature from the Pendragon system. This is a set of 10 personality traits in opposed pairs - Valourous/Cowardly, Prudent/Reckless, Forgiving/Vengeful etc - each pair or trait with a value range of 0-20). I have looked for a mechanism suitable to mimic with the "New (Copy)" command and was wondering if you could give me advice?
So whats wrong with a normal trait and just allow it to to choose a value from 0 to 20? Their is an user array you can fill in so that person can pick their option.

Otherwise you could use anything and bootstrap a generic "Tracker" to it so that a choice of 0 to 20 can be entered. Just set trkMax to be 20.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=anders@dot.se;180004]I am currently customization my Hero Lab to suit my campaign setting (Harn, Columbia Games).

I have customized the deities and are now over to customizing the following, which I do not find any references or guides on how to, hence I turn to this venerable forum for advice:

Quote:
Open the Editor, go to the Race group, and the Racial Cust Special tab. Choose Human for the "Available to Races" line and check the box that says "Ethnicity?"

Quote:
Campaign group, Honor Code tab.

Quote:
Add the faction you want to add PP to on the Background tab, and then go to the Journal tab to add a Prestige Award and Reputation journal. Select the faction you want to add it to and add some PP.

Quote:
In the editor, General group, Factions tab.

Quote:
You could make a configurable for this.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
anders@dot.se

Send a message via Skype™ to anders@dot.se

Old April 8th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Gents,

Thanks a plenty for these prompt and useful replies! I shall get down to it and I shall likely have a few follow ups and would appreciate your kind advice for those sure to come as well
anders@dot.se is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kirstar

Old April 9th, 2014, 05:35 AM
I want to exclude ethnicities, is there a list somewhere ?
kirstar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 9th, 2014, 10:19 AM
A list of unique IDs for the different ethnicities, you mean? No, but you can add the race to a new hero, "Develop -> Enable Data File Debugging", add the ethnicities you want the unique IDs of, and then right click on them and "Copy Unique ID".
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote