Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Epic-scale

Old June 30th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Hello,

I am a huge fan of all things kingdom building (Loving the Ultimate campaign!) and was wondering if it would be possible to suggest an add-on(s) to purchase in your store?

The Ultimate plugs-ins by Legendary games are a nice improvement on army combat as well as kingdom management in my opinion and I would like to purchase them in Hero Lab. I do most of my Kingdom/Empire management in HL (try managing 20+ kingdoms and empires in a region the size of the Roman Empire by hand sometime ) and the plugins would make the campaign I am working on much more interesting for the players and myself (especially once the battles come up).

I see you have worked with them before on the Gothic Campaign Compendium and am wondering if it would be possible to work with them again.

If it is a matter of whether or not the add-on will be economical I would be more than willing to preorder/pay on kickstarter to get the plug-ins for Hero Lab.

Epic-scale
Epic-scale is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 30th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Getting products into HL officially has less to do with LW than the 3PP itself. LW does not program 3PP products the 3PP hires a person to create the HL content.

So you would be better of getting in touch with LG and letting them know you would be interested in seeing more of there work in HL.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Epic-scale

Old June 30th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Wow that was a really quick response.

I actually emailed LG yesterday and they mentioned that they had already approached LWD about it and LWD was hesitant because it would add a lot of complexity to an already complex system. LG told me my best shot at getting that add-on for HeroLab was to send them a message stating that there is in fact interest in the kingdom building aspect. (Or at least that was how I (mis?)interpreted the email.)
Epic-scale is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 30th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Interesting. I guess if it changes allot of the "base" design of Ultimate Campaign it could cause problems. It also could just mean whole new components would have to be built from the ground up. That could take ALLOT of time and effort.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 30th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Shadow, I have looked at the Legendary Games volumes in this line, and I think the issue is the complexity. As an example, the Ultimate Rulership book provides new Kingdom Edicts...some of which are new types meant to replace the standard ones with new, variant rules to work differently... and others of which are just new types with new effects.

In some ways, they are like Pathfinder Unchained or Unearthed Arcana in being replacements for standard rules.

Some elements can be done in the editor to just add new options, but some likely require significant coding, and others (I think) require altering the foundations of the kingdom pieces.
Silveras is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 30th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Some elements can be done in the editor to just add new options, but some likely require significant coding, and others (I think) require altering the foundations of the kingdom pieces.
Which can be "done" by building brand new Components and Component Sets. But the list of editors that can do that and be willing to take on the works is very small. Which is most likely why LW was saying they would need to do some of that development and it was too much most likely.

So it could be a long time before this gets into HL.... Sad as I was looking at the rules myself for a campaign.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote