Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old April 16th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I wanted to let all of you know that from this point forward I will be taking over much of RavenX's datafiles. For reasons that he has already spoken of in the forums he will no longer be updating them. He also said he doesn't particularly care who takes responsibility of handling them; as such I will do so.

I will take over maintenance of the Ravenloft, Dragonlance, 3.5 Convert material and the Forgotten Realms. I don't know enough about Dark Sun or WoD to take over those and I don't particularly feel that I would do them justice if I tried.

For those of you who have pending requests, it might be best if you were to forward them to me. It is very likely that there will be no updates until after the the removal of datapacks from the Pathfinder system. I will see what happens and how this effects this content.

After that I will very likely split the content into three types.

Pure Content, directly converted material with no changes except what is required by mechanics.

Mixed Content, changes updated to reflect pathfinder style play. Some prestiges turned into Archetypes. Spells and abilities from these systems added to the pathfinder classes and pathfinder spells added to the classes of these systems.

Advanced Content, content that uses purchased packs as a base, such as Mythic adventures and adventure paths and such like.

I do not have a link ready for you but I will attach one to this file as soon as I have one ready for you to use. Thank you, and please have patience during this transition.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Slater Rockfist

Old April 17th, 2016, 10:18 AM
I am searching for the dragonlance prestigeclass 'mighty anvil of reorx' for herolab.
Slater Rockfist is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cards77

Old April 18th, 2016, 12:07 PM
I'm interested in helping out with this. I've been playing in FR for 20 years. Recently came to Pathfinder and looking to convert as much material as possible to make our lives easier.
Cards77 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2016, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater Rockfist View Post
I am searching for the dragonlance prestigeclass 'mighty anvil of reorx' for herolab.
The Dragonlance files are mostly races and deities. I never got around to adding any of the other content, which TobyFox and whoever in the community helps with will have to convert to pathfinder. Paizo.com has a conversion guide for free for taking 3.5 content and converting it which is what I used when I did my conversion files. I provided these files "as-is" based on what my own campaigns needed at the time they were being run in Pathfinder. Because my group never really used Prestige Classes they were considered a least priority coding task. My group was content using the base classes with archetype options (which pathfinder provides hundreds of). In the many years I did run Pathfinder I had one player use a prestige class, and it was from the core rulebook. Prestige classes are not fast or easy to add to hero lab, they do take a lot of time and I wasn't willing to invest my time into class options players were not using at the time.

TobyFox I will be taking down the files from dropbox eventually. I think you have a good starting point for the conversion work. Do keep in mind with the FR files that the regional traits were updated in the Player's Guide to Faerun. Any backgrounds omitted from the 3.0 book were intentionally left out as they were changed in the updated book. I always used the most recent version of something when coding these books.

I haven't run a Pathfinder game now in 2 years. And since I am not running it my heart's just not in coding data for it that I am not using personally.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 26th, 2016, 08:42 PM
TobyFox, I would also like to help, though I can't commit to anything major. What would be the best way to send you anything I complete?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 27th, 2016, 04:28 AM
For the time being, I want to wait until the next Hero Labs update before I start accepting anything big. I feel it will be easier for me to sort through anything that became broken with the removal of Pathfinder Packs.

Also, my first priority will be Forgotten Realms, then if there is time I will move to Dragonlance and Finally Ravenloft. My reasoning is because Faerun is more popular followed by Dragonlance. Ravenloft is a world where people from other realmspaces can be dragged in as such it will probably need access to material from the previous two.

That's not to say I wont take requests for specific classes, feats or spells. Nearly the entirety of "Van Richtens Arsenal" will be in one of my first updates. And someone else has asked for a PrC for Dragonlance. But those are special.

I will give more details later. If you feel you must contribute something here are some things to keep in mind:
  • Unique ID MUST start with "FR" [Forgotten Realms], "DL" [Dragonlance], or "RL" [Ravenloft] (except for classes and class abilities). If there is a conflict I will deal with it.
  • All .user files must be saved as "Forgotten Realms - <book name here> - whatever is most descriptive here.
  • Any content added will be subject to conversion to Pathfinder rules. If none exist, the closest equivalent will be used. If nothing close exists, the original text will be used until something better is found.
  • The following books are closed to outside updates at this time: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Players Guide to Faerun, Magic of Faerun, and Monsters of Faerun. I am still in the process of adding some major content to those and it will go faster if I don't have to stop and add outside content. If you want to create content for those and hold it, fine.
  • Please hold off on adding any monsters or templates relating to dragons. I have something planned on how I want dragons handled.

Finally, I do not yet have a link to content that you can easily download. I am not sure how to set it up. So if you know how to set up that dropbox link so you can add it to herolabs and everything automatically downloads. That would be an enormous help.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; April 27th, 2016 at 04:31 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 27th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
For the time being, I want to wait until the next Hero Labs update before I start accepting anything big. I feel it will be easier for me to sort through anything that became broken with the removal of Pathfinder Packs.
I have seen you "hint" about issues here several times but you never directly contact me or let me know what "issue" you think is going to happen.

The Packs going away means they all become "one" download. If you wanted to see how your stuff reacts to that concept simply download and install ALL the packs right now.

I am totally confused on what you think is going to happen or 'how' what I do could affect your files. Unless I name something the "exact" same Unique ID, not impossible, but would be REALLY hard to do the files will all live together just fine.

All issues with FR for the last few years have been clashes with "OFFICIAL" updates. Not "one" had anything to do with the community stuff.

Quote:
Finally, I do not yet have a link to content that you can easily download. I am not sure how to set it up. So if you know how to set up that dropbox link so you can add it to herolabs and everything automatically downloads. That would be an enormous help.
Setup Powered by HL Updates using DropBox...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 27th, 2016, 08:20 AM
I don't know what specific problems I might have. Honestly, I was speaking in the generic terms of what issues I have with my files every update. For me there is usually something that happens. Weather or not that is something caused by my work or the community or Hero Labs. I am just be careful.

Thank you for that link. It will be helpful to get things set up.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 27th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Quote:
I don't know what specific problems I might have. Honestly, I was speaking in the generic terms of what issues I have with my files every update. For me there is usually something that happens. Weather or not that is something caused by my work or the community or Hero Labs. I am just be careful.
LOL in that case maybe worry about an airplane falling on your head.

Issues ARE GOING TO HAPPEN. This is not a question its a fact of life of doing HL addons. LW will release a future update that will BREAK your addons and files. Get use to that idea right now. All you can do is fix the issue and release a new version yourself. Life goes on...

I know of at least one major change by LW coming to Selection Helpers that will cause numerous problems. It already did for 5e but that is a very small addon still so the impact was very small.

I would be more worried about the fact that you have "hundreds" of gamers right now that are unable to get HL to load correctly because of FR & DS. And unless they search the boards and find my post their only option is to delete the addon. THIS thread just a few days ago shows its still impacting gamers. Sorry not trying to be mean about this but addons that don't load affects the view of all HL addons not just the single one. This is because the end-user has no way of understanding which addon caused the issue. If you can get a fix out for those right away I know I would appreciate it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 27th, 2016 at 08:57 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old April 27th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
LOL in that case maybe worry about an airplane falling on your head.
Super-volcanic eruptions.. maybe... But planes... meh.. Silly planes dont scare me.

Quote:
I would be more worried about the fact that you have "hundreds" of gamers right now that are unable to get HL to load correctly because of FR & DS. And unless they search the boards and find my post their only option is to delete the addon. THIS thread just a few days ago shows its still impacting gamers. Sorry not trying to be mean about this but addons that don't load affects the view of all HL addons not just the single one. This is because the end-user has no way of understanding which addon caused the issue. If you can get a fix out for those right away I know I would appreciate it.
I am aware of that issue and it has already been fixed. I will push an update as soon as I can.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote