Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Avalon2099

Old July 26th, 2015, 07:59 PM
So, I use Hero Lab all the time, but I am not well versed on how to use it beyond the basic uses.

My GM has turned my existing character into a Monstrous Lycanthrope Winter Wolf and I wanted to know how I could add that template to my character, its from the Advanced Bestiary Pack, I am at a loss for how to add afflicted/natural templates to characters.

If someone could explain a step by step process of how I would go about doing it, I would be very appreciative.

Last edited by Avalon2099; July 27th, 2015 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Clarification
Avalon2099 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lycanphoenix

Send a message via Skype™ to Lycanphoenix

Old July 31st, 2015, 07:30 PM
I would also like to learn more about this. This seems like a concept worth pursuing.
Lycanphoenix is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Avalon2099

Old August 1st, 2015, 07:23 AM
bump.
Avalon2099 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM
So I appear to not have that license so I can't check that template actually exists but I assume it does.

So open your character and press "CTRL-K" and check mark "Advanced Bestiary" book. Then templates are found as a type of "Class" so go to the "Class" tab and add a new class. Look for Monstrous Lycanthrope template and add it. As I don't have this license I am not sure if they have different templates for each monster or its drop down selection after you add the template.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 1st, 2015, 08:21 PM
So to update this it would appear that you will need to use the editor to create a Winter Wolf version that can be selected by the template. This can be done in the editor in the "Race->Clone" tab.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 3rd, 2015, 10:08 AM
Hey there. Author of the Advanced Bestiary files here.

You would have to make a clone of the Winter Wolf in the editor under "Race/Clone."

Just so you know, the process of making a clone is fairly complex. Here is a crude outline:

1) Select the race you are cloning. You can set this tag manually (CloneOf.XXX where XXX is the id of the race you are cloning).

2) You need to bootstrap all abilities that the target race has directly to the clone (including abilities granted by type, subtype, etc.).

3) Make sure each ability has the proper SpecSource and other tags specific to clones (CloneFeat, BodyLoc, etc.).

4) The tricky part is making sure you have the correct bootstrap conditions on each thing. The conditions must be at First/120 (or First/110 for subtypes and some others). There are different conditions for abilities, spell-like abilities, resistances, languages, feats, and senses. They can also depend on type and subtype.

FYI, Clones also use the thing cnGRRacSkB for racial skill bonuses (use the Target tag for the skill, abValue for the value, abText if it is situational).

Steps 3 & 4 are critically important to do correctly. The various clone scripts depend on proper tagging and bootstrapping conditions.

5) Make sure you fill out the other fields explicitly as well (CR, # arms, # legs, space, reach)

As with anything, look at some of the other clones in the editor to see what you need.

BTW, I quickly coded up a winter wolf clone and attached it. I haven't tested it, but feel free to use and examine as you please. For your info, here is the raw XML

Code:
<thing id="clnxWinter" name="Winter Wolf" description="Winter wolves are larger, smarter, more ferocious variants of worgs with white fur and a deadly breath weapon.\n\nA typical winter wolf is 8 feet long, stands 4-1/2 feet tall at the shoulder, and weighs about 450 pounds. Winter wolves will often ally themselves with frost giants, hill giants, and other large humanoids, serving entire tribes of giants as both scouts and guards." compset="GRClone">
    <fieldval field="cnCR" value="5"/>
    <fieldval field="cnLegs" value="4"/>
    <fieldval field="cnSpace" value="10"/>
    <fieldval field="cnReach" value="5"/>
    <tag group="CloneOf" tag="rWintWolf"/>
    <tag group="RaceSize" tag="Large1"/>
    <bootstrap thing="raEnerDam">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Super)]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="BloodEner" tag="Cold"/>
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      <autotag group="SpecSource" tag="rWintWolf"/>
      <autotag group="BodyLoc" tag="Head"/>
      <autotag group="wMain" tag="1d6"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="cnGRRacSkB">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (Clone.Activate | hero#Clone.Activate)]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="Target" tag="skStealth"/>
      <assignval field="abValue" value="6"/>
      <assignval field="abText" value="in snow"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="xScent">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120">hero#Cloned.rWintWolf | (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Sense)</containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raTrip">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Extra)]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raBreath">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Super)]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="wType" tag="Cold"/>
      <autotag group="abArea" tag="Cone"/>
      <autotag group="abSave" tag="RefHalf"/>
      <autotag group="Usage" tag="OneDFourRd"/>
      <autotag group="abRange" tag="Feet"/>
      <assignval field="abRange" value="15"/>
      <assignval field="trkMax" value="1"/>
      <assignval field="abValue2" value="6"/>
      <assignval field="abValue" value="6"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="lGiant">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & CloneUse.Language & !Hero.NoPreSel]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="lCommon">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & CloneUse.Language & !Hero.NoPreSel]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="fImpInit">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & CloneUse.StdFeat & !Hero.NoPreSel]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="CloneFeat" tag="Standard"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="fRun">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & CloneUse.StdFeat & !Hero.NoPreSel]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="fSkillFoc">
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="xImmCold">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[(hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Immunity)) & !NoTypeAbil.stCold & !NoTypeImm.stCold]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="xVulFire">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[(hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Immunity)) & !NoTypeAbil.stCold & !NoTypeImm.stCold]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (Clone.Activate | hero#Clone.Activate)]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="Target" tag="skSurvival"/>
      <assignval field="abValue" value="2"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="wBite">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & CloneUse.Ability]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="wMain" tag="1d8"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="stCold">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="110"><![CDATA[hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & CloneUse.Subtype]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
      <autotag group="Target" tag="skPercep"/>
      </bootstrap>
      <autotag group="Target" tag="skStealth"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raLowLight">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[(hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Sense)) & (HasType.tpMagBeast | TypeAndAug.tpMagBeastl | OverType.tpMagBeast) & !NoTypeAbil.tpMagBeast]]></containerreq>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raDarkVis">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="120"><![CDATA[(hero#Cloned.rWintWolf & (CloneUse.Ability | CloneUse.Sense)) & (HasType.tpMagBeast | TypeAndAug.tpMagBeastl | OverType.tpMagBeast) & !NoTypeAbil.tpMagBeast]]></containerreq>
      <autotag group="Value" tag="60"/>
      </bootstrap>
FYI, clones may be changing. I am working with the powers that be at Lone Wolf to transition to the polymorph routines for the templates that take abilities from other creatures (Amalgam, Consuming, etc.). However, this is complicated and will probably involve using gizmos and making new UI elements, so it will take me a while.
Attached Files
File Type: email clone_winter_wolf.user (6.9 KB, 9 views)
frumple is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Avalon2099

Old September 6th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Hi there! Thanks for uploading the clone file, where would I put this file? what folder do I put in?
Avalon2099 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 6th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon2099 View Post
Hi there! Thanks for uploading the clone file, where would I put this file? what folder do I put in?
See the note on the d20pfsrd repository about how to install a .user file.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 6th, 2015 at 02:32 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote