Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nmilasich

Old November 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Hi all,

I created a new trait catagory in the editor using the "trait catagories" "new tag" to create a new trait catagory tag. I can select more than one of the the traits I made that have this catagory, which should not be allowed. If I change 2 of my traits to another catagory, the system does not allow me to select both of them. I cannot directly edit the features of my new catagory. How can I get the new catagory to not allow me to select two traits from that catagory?

Either I can: Figure out how to stop that through the catagory

or:
develop an exp-rec that searches for that trait catagory and prevents any more traits with that catagory from being added.

I have read the FAQ, all of the information on the herolab help site, and Mattias's excellent posts. My herolab-fu is weak, however, and I don't have many examples of exp-recs involving traits to look at for help.

Any ideas or help would be deeply appreciated!

Nick
nmilasich is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old November 10th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I don't have a lot of experience with traits, but have you checked the core traits to see what they have in their coding as an example? I'm at work ATM so can't check to see if there's something there that already does that.
Brolthemighty is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nmilasich

Old November 10th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Brolthemighty, thanks!

I did look at the traits, they don't have any tags. I even copied CRB traits, gave them the kobold sobriquet trait catagory, and was able to legally add them twice. By changing kobold sobriquet traits to another catagory, they closed off the catagory when added.

I kludged the problem by making all kobold sobriquet traits bloodline traits as well, the bloodline catagory works correctly and has no feats in it currently. I just can't access and understand these darn catagory tags! I'm have issues with both the trait catagory tag, and with the source idenity tag. In both cases, the new tags don't do what they should when I create and use them.

grr.
nmilasich is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM
If your make up your own Custom Trait types (ie a Campaign Trait) then you have to add the Pre-Req logic to prevent duplicate traits from being taken.

For example for the Razor Coast campaign traits we made up the new trait Tag of (CampRazorC). Then this trait category tag is auto placed onto the hero when the player picks the Trait allowing us to look for trCategory.CampRazorC.

The fun part is we need to compare against "1" for the trait that is a Pick and compare against "0" when the trait is a Thing. Their is a built in field called "@pick" that tells us we are a pick with a "1" and a Thing with a "0".

So you need the following script on the "Expr-reqs":
Code:
hero.tagcount[trCategory.CampRazorC] <= @ispick
Replace the "CampRazorC" with your own custom tag you created for your new category.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote