Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 4th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I seem to recall that there was a kind of snippet which translates a portfolio to its statblock and displays that in RW?
Maybe. I know once you attach a .por file inside of RW and you click on the big HL logo it will display the statblock.

I don't know if you mean a way to show the statblock "inline" with the rest of the page. I guess you could view the statblock and simple copy/paste it into text area causing the auto-linkage in RW to find all mechanic references.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old March 6th, 2016, 07:01 AM
I guess what I was think is that I can put a monster with some basic details in the Mechanics section in RW and put a POR file to the actual monster for stats. Since the community has put out the missing stuff from the SRD mechanics wise. The spells are also in the pack and it would be nice to link RW to those spells as well so they can be referenced in RW, sort of stubbing out the spell in Mechanics section but pointing to something in HL directly as they get updated as well as the monsters. It would be a waste of time to keep both updated.
HippyCraig is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 6th, 2016, 10:51 AM
If I'm adding monsters myself to RW, that's exactly what I do. I never reveal stats to the players, so I don't need them in RW, now that I have HERO labs. I can just click on the HL icon and see the statblock.

However, once the SRD content is in RW, they will need to include the statblocks in a text snippet for those who don't have HL. I am hoping the include both the stats in a text snippet as well as include the POR for those who have HL.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old March 7th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I guess it would be nice to reference the Items, Spells, etc. like I would a monster in RW, it would cut down on duplicate data. The community has put a lot of effort in providing the missing content HL I was just hopeing to use some of that data in RW. Since I have both pieces of software I would like to use them to the extent that I can.

I guess that would turn out to be a feature request at this point.
HippyCraig is offline   #14 Reply With Quote