Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Vanye111

Old June 22nd, 2017, 08:41 AM
Ok, some time ago I created a custom vanity from the PFS scenario The Confirmation, to show the bonus to skills you can get for being a friend of Janira Gavix. It doesn't add any bonus to the skill, it just shows up as text under the skill so I get a reminder that if I'm in the right spot, I can use it. I just updated HL recently, and loaded one of the characters that has it, and now I"m getting an error. I've figured out, with experiment, that I'm getting the error becaus the character in question doesn't have the skill as one that I've selected to show on the Skill tab (because I haven't invested any skill points in the skill). Is there something I can add to my custom script to prevent it from attempting to apply it to a skill I'm not using, and generating the error? I can click past it, but if I can get it to say "Oh, this character doesn't have that skill, I don't need to try and apply it", that would be better (lets not train ourselves to skip past errors, shall we?)

Thanks for any help. I've included the error and the eval scripts below.

Here is the error:
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'skKnowEng' from script
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'skKnowGeog' from script
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'skKnowNobl' from script
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'skKnowOth' from script
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'skKnowRel' from script

Here is the Eval Script:
~ +1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.
#situational[hero.child[skKnowArca],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowDun],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowEng],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowGeog],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowHist],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowLoc],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowNat],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowNobl],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowOth],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowPlan],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
#situational[hero.child[skKnowRel],"+1 bonus to your Knowledge skill checks made when in the Grand Lodge.",field[name].text]
Vanye111 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote