Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Quatar

Old April 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM
I'm using the templates for the wildshape that I found on d20pfsrd, and I think they're linked here too somewhere.

Anyway, they work fine, and I usually edit the different forms to better reflect the attack types of the creatures I'm turning in and save them as different copies.
Now, my main form is the Dire Tiger, Large with claws doing 2d4.

Now... when in the template I change the damage for claws to 2d4, it immediately gets modified by the setting that it also increases my size to Large and makes them 2d6 claws.
So seems to me I have to add the damage of a medium creature here, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything that after a size change turns into 2d4.

So, any clue how I can get the 2d4 to show up? Right now I set it to 1d6 to turn into 1d8, which is close enough, but not really correct.
Quatar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mirtexxan

Old April 1st, 2012, 07:13 AM
Try 2d3...
mirtexxan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Does the natural attack have the tag Helper.NatSizeDmg? If so removing that tag will prevent the attack from changing damage with size. Then you can just set the damage to 2d4.

If that doesnt work you could simply create an eval script that will delete wMain.? and replace it with 2d4 damage tag. Probably really late timing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Quatar

Old April 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM
I tried 2d3, but can't select that from the dropdown menu. I tried setting the value to 2d3 manually, but that causes an error.

No there's no Helper.NatSizeDmg tag there that I can see, it still gets increased though.
I have no idea though how to make that eval script and whats supposed to be in it to change the damage like that.

Well doesn't seem to be that easy, so i guess I just keep it at 1d8 and try to remember that its actually 2d4.

The .user file i'm using is this here, in case you want to have a quick look yourself, maybe you can do it in your sleep:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/commu...edirects=0&d=1
(under Templates the tm_WS_Lrg - claw natural weapon)
Quatar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
So looks like I missed that all natural attacks get the Helper.NatSizeDmg automatically. So in this case the easiest thing to do is force the damage back down to medium.

So I assume you added the wClaw weapon and set it to be 2d4? If so do the following:
1) On the template click on "edit" for Natural Attacks.
2) On the "wClaw" weapon click on "Tags".
3) click on "Click to add another tag".
4) For Group ID: set it to "Helper".
5) For Tag ID: set it to "DamageDown".
6) Save and test now!

This tag tells HL to lower the damage of the Natural Weapon. So we will have the base damage dice of medium instead of Large. That should get you the value you want.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Quatar

Old April 1st, 2012, 11:18 AM
Yes it does! Thank you!
Quatar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote