Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zuxius

Old June 6th, 2016, 04:54 PM
I bought my license years ago, and I was just about to start up prep for my new campaign when I was told by your software I had to reactivate and then it said I had to wait some 120 days, or try to fix the problem in the next 2-3 days when I am contacted.

So I tried to "move the license it over" and then it just said I had to wait 120 days, because it was been too soon since it changed to another computer.

I'm a little upset because I actually paid for this while I know of others that just get it pirated versions and don't deal with this hassle.

I just want to have my HeroLab on my laptop and my desktop, is that too much to ask?

I'm paying for the right to wait for how long? While others with less scruples are allowed to make their characters now. Why can't you just send me an email telling me of the discrepancy and allow me to use the product you know I bought, and work this out by saying in 120 days you'll shut it down if I don't fix the discrepancy? Then we can be cordial about it and work on getting this resolved without punishing me for buying your product. I just spent some 130 dollars just recently on this license I can't use. Why not have it auto reset as soon as someone drops some cash down on it?

Think about it.
Zuxius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 6th, 2016, 05:11 PM
You most likely used the same license on BOTH of your computers. Each computer/device needs its own unique license. Question #2 in the FAQ covers how to get your license numbers mailed to you. If you only used one of them the other should be free to get one of your computers going.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zuxius

Old June 15th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Ok, I guess my laptop needs to be assigned too. I need the laptop portion for game night. I thought I was allowed two computers to use the same license. I sent an email as per Question #2.

Thank you
Zuxius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote