Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old December 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
OK, I got the Inquisitor//Fighter Gestalt back into the file and it seems to be working correctly.

I put it into the file I downloaded from d20PFRPG, so it should include ShadowChemosh's fix.

Brings the total Gestalt combos in the file to 11.
Attached Files
File Type: email MCP Classes.user (286.7 KB, 14 views)
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Updated the file on d20pfsrd also just to be in sync...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM
So, ahh....

Is this where we might request specific Gestalt combos? 8)

The one I'm thinking of is Barbarian + Bard. I've seen some online call it a Bardbarian, but the version I had in my head was more of a Northerner, Land of the Linnorn Kings type - a battle singer.

The Skald.

Obviously, I tried starting with the Bard, since they have spells, and adding in the Barbarian abilities into the Archetype, but I'm getting bogged down with the intricacies of trying to shift everything over. I simply don't think I have the time to complete this in any kind of timely fashion.

Is there any chance you've already begun work on something like this?
lifer4700 is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 19th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer4700 View Post
So, ahh....

Is this where we might request specific Gestalt combos? 8)

The one I'm thinking of is Barbarian + Bard. I've seen some online call it a Bardbarian, but the version I had in my head was more of a Northerner, Land of the Linnorn Kings type - a battle singer.

The Skald.

Obviously, I tried starting with the Bard, since they have spells, and adding in the Barbarian abilities into the Archetype, but I'm getting bogged down with the intricacies of trying to shift everything over. I simply don't think I have the time to complete this in any kind of timely fashion.

Is there any chance you've already begun work on something like this?
I haven't, but I'm coming up on a few days off work and should have some time to get to it. I'll post here when I'm finished, and attach the updated file for ShadowChemosh to upload to d20PFRPG.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 19th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Since I can't seem to stay away from this... I've started working with a Fighter/Rogue Gestalt, the Mercenary.

I arbitrarily chose to add the Rogue abilities as a Fighter archetype, since neither casts spells.

So far, things are going well, and I'm using your MCP file for reference, specifically, the Chantry Agent, the Emmisary, and the Puck.

My only hurdle so far is not wanting to re-creating all the Class Abilities that you've already done - I would like to reuse your efforts where I can. However, this would require modifying your .user file, which I don't want to do.

I also don't want to have a 2nd file of Gestalts floating around.

How can this work? (collaboration, that is)

Last edited by lifer4700; December 19th, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
lifer4700 is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I just ran into my first major snag.

I can't seem to get rid of the Archer (fighter archetype) class abilities "Trick Shot".

It appears as thought those abilities were created as Secondary abilities with...

SpecSource = cHelpFtr
- instead of -
SpecSource = arFtrArche

...which means they always show up as fighter secondary abilities, regardless of Archetype. They show up on the list of Rogue Talents.

I am asumming this means that I have to re-create all the Rogue abilities as tertiary, because all yours are created as secondary. *sigh*

I knew I was going to have to re-create all the Advanced Talents, since they have a level requirement script that I need to edit. (Rogue -> Fighter)

Last edited by lifer4700; December 19th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
lifer4700 is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Feel free to modify my file, and post it back here with a shout out to ShadowChemosh so he'll know it's been modified and he can post the new one to d20PFSRD.

I actually have very little coding experience - none, other than what I've managed to puzzle out for this and a few other more minor projects. Sounds like you know more about what you're doing already than I did when I started this.

That question of whether to create talents as secondary, tertiary, etc. has been a thorn in my side a few times, and I suspect it's only going to get worse as more and more combinations are needed. What will work for one combination won't necessarily work for others, and vice-versa. So I suspect that several of the class secondary/tertiary/etc. abilities will have to be recreated at different levels.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 19th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I was thinking that might be the case, so I loaded up your Enforcer (Inquisitor/Fighter) to see how you dealt with it, and I see you didn't.

The Trick Shot abilities from the Archer archetype appear on your list of Weapon Trainings.

I'm ok with it for now... Until I figure out how to suppress those "Trick Shot" abilities. In my opinion, they shouldn't be registered to the Fighter in the first place, they should be registered to the Archter archetype, but I don't know if there's a reason I'm not aware of. Regardless, it's a COTS dataset, so I can't change it.

Mathias, any official word on this?
lifer4700 is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM
ShadowChemosh?

Anyone?
lifer4700 is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old December 21st, 2012, 07:02 AM
Got a minor hiccup with a similar script.

Seem the abilities of the link class show up fine, but sometimes when they are chosen they post the ability twice on the dashboard.

I have all the abilities showing up in the quaternary slot, and they show up fine, but when picked, I get two of the same thing showing.
Frodie is offline   #60 Reply With Quote