Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 13th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
I was reading the Talented Monk PDF and I was wondering if it was something you are currently working on? See I noticed a decent amount of Talents have not been entered, so I figured I'd ask.
Yeah it was a WIP that I thought I would be able to finish sooner than later so released it unfinished. I am going to "try" and have it finished out before the end of the year.

This is the class that blzbob keeps asking to be finished.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #891 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old December 13th, 2016, 01:26 PM
I can't blame him this class looks amazing! I guess you can say I am on the bandwagon with blzbob. xD
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #892 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
I can't blame him this class looks amazing! I guess you can say I am on the bandwagon with blzbob. xD
I have been working on this class over the last few days. I see now why this been taking me a long time. Some of these "talents" can easily take an hour to implement.

The Bonus Feat one which should have been simple was an hour and half to code because I had to redo the logic three times. I quickly found I overloaded the bonus expression with the 144 individual feats that the class wants.

Just finished the "Deadly Strikes" ability and that is allot harder to script than it reads. Trust me.

I will need to just do one or two abilities a day...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #893 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old December 15th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Yeah after purchasing the PDF and reading it for myself I realized the same thing you are experiencing. As much as I would love to see it ready, I wouldn't want you to burn yourself out on it, yet if you feel the push to complete it sooner then may the caffeine be with you!

(P.S. Yeah it is a nightmare to program and I knew I was not ready to attempt that feat.)
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #894 Reply With Quote
agridlo6

Old December 16th, 2016, 04:50 AM
A lot of valuable content here. Thanks
agridlo6 is offline   #895 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 28th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
These are very valid points. Never considered the iPad version with it's ability to roll dice (always used HL on a computer). I can see how that would complicate things.

I'll add that personally I've always written out damage separated by commas (2d6+6/2d6+9, 1d6 fire, 1d6 acid), but that's just me thinking "plus" is too wordy in a stat block and a entirely different can of worms.
Blah the code to get this to work has like tripled in the adjustment but I have something that is working on the desktop and goes to the printed sheet.

This example uses a Medium character with Enlarge Person so final score of 20 Str and size large.
Overhand.jpg
My question is are the additional damage values after the 2nd really needed? I mean the damage value does not change again. It eats up allot of space and causes the font size to really decrease. Really gets long on a printed character sheet or statblock.

I am thinking I should just have the damage value twice actually so I am not eating up as much space.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #896 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 28th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I have been working on this class over the last few days. I see now why this been taking me a long time. Some of these "talents" can easily take an hour to implement.

The Bonus Feat one which should have been simple was an hour and half to code because I had to redo the logic three times. I quickly found I overloaded the bonus expression with the 144 individual feats that the class wants.
I don't know how you got this working eventually, but how I would have approached it is to use the mechanism which lets users add tags to things, and tag all the relevant feats with a new SpecGroup tag, then have the ability overwrite the candidate expression for the feats table to filter for only feats with that tag.
Aaron is offline   #897 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 28th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I don't know how you got this working eventually, but how I would have approached it is to use the mechanism which lets users add tags to things, and tag all the relevant feats with a new SpecGroup tag, then have the ability overwrite the candidate expression for the feats table to filter for only feats with that tag.
Yep that was actually exactly what I did do using the new *Extend Thing tab in the editor. Only way to correctly flag 144 feats. In addition that some are available at level 1, more at level 6, and finally a bunch at level 10.

Of course this was my second idea and I wasted time on another idea first. =(

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #898 Reply With Quote
stimtheone

Old December 29th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Hello

Ever since I've had to use Gestalt in a game I've been using this pack and it's been pretty useful to keep my unchained monk/cleric straight

Recently I got into path of war and psionics and it's good I have this to handle it.

Right now I noticed some issues, like initiator level not being read right when gestalting or the disciplines available not being there, hope those get fixed soon.

Right now I'd love to see the templates done since I'm making an alchemist(polymath)/Psion and sleeping goddess is just so good for it.

Keep up the good work.
stimtheone is offline   #899 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old December 29th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Blah the code to get this to work has like tripled in the adjustment but I have something that is working on the desktop and goes to the printed sheet.

This example uses a Medium character with Enlarge Person so final score of 20 Str and size large.
Attachment 4911
My question is are the additional damage values after the 2nd really needed? I mean the damage value does not change again. It eats up allot of space and causes the font size to really decrease. Really gets long on a printed character sheet or statblock.

I am thinking I should just have the damage value twice actually so I am not eating up as much space.
Amazing! You, sir, are a wizard of the highest caliber! Complete shocked that you were able to not only find time to work on this, but also come up with a plausible solution.

I do agree with you that the extra "3d6+10" are unnecessary, especially since HL has a limited space for attack and damage. Maybe something like this....

Greatsword
Melee: +20/+15/+10/+5 (3d6+7, 3d6+10 [x3])

(I left out the "/" in the damage since that usually signifies the crit multiplier/range.)

But not sure how that would be programmed into the stat block, or that it doesn't make it more confusing for players.
Krothos is offline   #900 Reply With Quote