Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Frodie

Old January 31st, 2014, 03:22 AM
I forgot about that, FG has taken over the Modern Path game system, so we took out their Sensitive dataset to fit under their FG datasets, coming soon. So just delete the FG Sensitive user file and it will load fine.

Basically I re-idtag the SGG Sensitive to same idtag as the FG Sensitive (and a new id tag for FG), to help prevent some load error with characters.

Last edited by Frodie; January 31st, 2014 at 03:25 AM.
Frodie is offline   #621
Mergon

Old January 31st, 2014, 06:06 AM
Many thanks for the reply.

I didn't know if it was safe to remove the file without causing many more errors, so I went and renamed the duplicate for now then unchecked it in character configuration.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #622
Dragnmoon

Old January 31st, 2014, 07:36 PM
Do you have a estimate on the timeframe of the update Frodie? Currently the error is not allowing me to load any of my character on the iPad version of Herolabs. Your Temp fix work fine for the desktop Herolabs, but not iPad.
Dragnmoon is offline   #623
Warslick

Old January 31st, 2014, 11:11 PM
I am still getting an error message after deleting the FG file. Does anybody know what is causing this

The following errors occurred:

Source 'srcSimMoTe' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pSGG'

This only occurs after I deleted the FG sensative file that was causing the error this error.

PFRPG_Modern_Path_SGG_Sensitive.user (line 957) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('arMPSensit').
Warslick is offline   #624
Frodie

Old February 1st, 2014, 04:59 AM
That error, "Source 'srcSimMoTe' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pSGG'
", IDK. The only thing I can think of is something in the Community SGG files. Weird. I'll see if we can reproduce it somehow.

Timeframe for updates, I think it will be ready this Feb, before we close down. Humadalliance, (here on the HL forums), is doing the update. He is a computer coder, so you should have a better update than what I can do. Anyways, he is doing it in his free time from work, but he says it should be ready around Feb.

Why the files work on a PC and not a Ipad, I have no idea. I don't have an Ipad to check. Hopefully Humadalliance updates will fix whatever is going on, but I don't know how to address cross OS errors.

Also, we will be turning the files over to ShadowChemosh to host. I'll still be checking in from time to time, but Humadalliance and ShadowChemosh might be able to give a quicker response if there is an error in the future.

Last edited by Frodie; February 1st, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Frodie is offline   #625
Warslick

Old February 1st, 2014, 07:05 AM
OK, that info solved my problem. I just needed to re-download the SGG [v1.6]files and the problem was solved. I think I re-downloaded all the recently released files trying to solve the problem before I posted here. Thanks for the help.
Warslick is offline   #626
Dragnmoon

Old February 1st, 2014, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Why the files work on a PC and not a Ipad, I have no idea. I don't have an Ipad to check. Hopefully Humadalliance updates will fix whatever is going on, but I don't know how to address cross OS errors..
The iPad only takes .hl files, and currently Modern Heroes is updated through Hero Lab Update on iPad just like on the PC version. I could transfer them all to .hl but I don't know how that will interact with the version that is on iPad.

Basically it has made my iPad program unusable as is.

I think I can uninstall the Hero Labs from iPad then re-install without adding Modern Heroes but I am unsure if that will work.
Dragnmoon is offline   #627
Frodie

Old February 1st, 2014, 08:50 AM
I really don't know about the Ipad, so IDK what would be the best way to fix the issue.
Frodie is offline   #628
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2014, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
The iPad only takes .hl files, and currently Modern Heroes is updated through Hero Lab Update on iPad just like on the PC version. I could transfer them all to .hl but I don't know how that will interact with the version that is on iPad.

Basically it has made my iPad program unusable as is.

I think I can uninstall the Hero Labs from iPad then re-install without adding Modern Heroes but I am unsure if that will work.
You can easily remove a package on the iPad by starting the app and click View Updates. Then on the bottom left side are the Installed Updates. Simply Swipe Right on the package you want to remove and the "Delete" button appears. Click delete and the package goes away.

And correct for the iPads you would need to make a .hl file Frodie of the .user/.1st files with the same Unique ID in the package. This way it could be downloaded to the iPads.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #629
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2014, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
I really don't know about the Ipad, so IDK what would be the best way to fix the issue.
I created a new .hl file from the files you posted Frodie and set it to be v4.0. I put this up on the Community Servers for download under the name of "d20pfsrd - Modern Path (v4.0)". So if you have the community servers setup it should prompt you to download.

Otherwise click THIS link from the iPad using Safari and it should download and prompt you to open using the HL app.

Installing either of these on the iPad will overwrite 3.99 and fix the issues. I just tested it and it worked fine on my iPad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #630
Closed Thread