Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Skeld

Old August 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
What is the reasoning behind including the size modifier in the BAB printed in the "BAB" block of the character sheet (I don't remember off-hand if it is this way in statblocks too)?

I haven't run across any other source (in Pathfinder) where this is done. In general, BAB means BAB and not "BAB + Size Modifier." I understand that HL parses prerequisites correctly regardless of the BAB printed on the character sheet, but it doesn't make it any less confusing to those who aren't familiar with HL output (or less annoying to those of us that are).

What is the outlook on this being changed in a future version such that it matches the Pathfinder standard?

-Skeld
Skeld is offline   #391
Dragnmoon

Old August 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeld View Post
What is the reasoning behind including the size modifier in the BAB printed in the "BAB" block of the character sheet (I don't remember off-hand if it is this way in statblocks too)?

I haven't run across any other source (in Pathfinder) where this is done. In general, BAB means BAB and not "BAB + Size Modifier." I understand that HL parses prerequisites correctly regardless of the BAB printed on the character sheet, but it doesn't make it any less confusing to those who aren't familiar with HL output (or less annoying to those of us that are).

What is the outlook on this being changed in a future version such that it matches the Pathfinder standard?

-Skeld
I am confused... Where are you seeing this? I thought they got rid of that a long time ago when I complained about it over a year ago.
Dragnmoon is offline   #392
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
The damage is not calculated right for this rage power Animal Fury. It should half STR not 1 and a half STR.
Actually Animal Fury gives you a Natural Attack that should follow all the normal rules for a Natural Attack. So if you only using a single Natural Attack then it is a at full attack bonus and 1.5 Str damage. Only when you equip a Manufactured weapon does it become -5H and .5 Str bonus.

Animal Fury is telling you the rules assuming that a Barbarian is always going to be using a Manufactured Weapon with the bite. If you equip a manufactured weapon in HL you will see the values you are expecting.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #393
Snow Crash

Old August 17th, 2011, 04:42 AM
My Bad all good

Last edited by Snow Crash; August 17th, 2011 at 04:49 AM. Reason: my stupidity
Snow Crash is offline   #394
thundershot

Old August 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overspace View Post
I think its because the character isnt strong enough for the bow !

From the PFSRD "If your Strength bonus is less than the strength rating of the composite bow, you can't effectively use it, so you take a –2 penalty on attacks with it."
Ah! I never realized that. When she got the bow, she got the +2 one thinking that she'd be raising her STR at 8th level, but none of us realized you have to have that STR bonus to use it proficiently...

Thanks for the catch guys! Even after all these years, I still learn something...
thundershot is offline   #395
cynarion

Old August 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynarion
Why is the Combat Patrol feat telling me I need Dodge as a prerequisite when I already have Dodge selected, and Dodge is not a prerequisite according to the rules?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmoon
Dodge is a prerequisite of mobility which is a prerequisite of combat patrol
Yes, I'm aware of that, but my character has Dodge, Mobility and Combat Reflexes already selected at earlier levels, is a 6th level fighter, and I'm being told by Hero Lab that I don't qualify for Combat Patrol because Dodge is a prerequisite. Something has gone funny somewhere.
cynarion is offline   #396
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hi Guys,

Are there plans to bring in the pathfinder intelligent item rules?

Though it is interesting watching players try to figure out what Spot, Notice and Listen does when they are used to Perception, I'm sure this was an oversight from the Core Rules.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #397
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Followers, Cohorts and Others:

- Ten entries added 5 minutes to the load time of Hero Lab
- Hireling appear on Character sheet, but don't list equipment or gold
- Print Portfolio includes a separate character sheet for each of the entries in the Other tab
- Total equipment values for a character includes equipment on entries in the Others tab
- Mouse over for total equipment value lists all equipment on entries in the Others tab
- Can't have multiple of the same Hireling
- Can't copy hireling to make duplicates

Besides this, I find it very useful, also had fun creating quirky notes for each of them to help me remember who they are when portraying them as NPCs on the NPC tab.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #398
Ardan

Old August 18th, 2011, 05:30 AM
When I choose the Heirloom Weapon trait it asks me to make a weapon selection and an option selection. However, under the option selection drop-down it says "nothing to select." What am I doing wrong?
Ardan is offline   #399
Illrigger

Old August 18th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardan View Post
When I choose the Heirloom Weapon trait it asks me to make a weapon selection and an option selection. However, under the option selection drop-down it says "nothing to select." What am I doing wrong?
There should be two pulldowns. The first is the type of weapon, the second is the specific weapon that the trait will refer to. You need to buy a weapon of the type you pick in the first one, and then the second one will show it and you can pick it.
Illrigger is offline   #400
Closed Thread