Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 15th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
It might be easy to search manually for the picked categories if there are less than 100 items. But one similar dialog (can't check right now which one) had over 30,000 items so I only managed to find the active one, because I had a good guess already. So I'd appreciate it if you could add a filter "Show only active categories" in that kind of dialog.
So sorry some of your wording to hard to get as the editor does not have "items". It does have Tags and "Things" would be the only ones that show in any lists that I can think of. If a Tag or Thing is in HL then it is in use by something. So what do you mean by "active"?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old December 15th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So sorry some of your wording to hard to get as the editor does not have "items". It does have Tags and "Things" would be the only ones that show in any lists that I can think of. If a Tag or Thing is in HL then it is in use by something. So what do you mean by "active"?
Having the editor available helps to provide a better explanation, but with "items" I referred to members of a list, be they tags or things. For example, if you try to create a new Wondrous Item, then there is a button "Edit" next to "School(s)". If you click on it, then you may select tags. The dialog also shows how many tags you have already selected. But there is no way to filter the tags, so only selected tags are shown which is useful if you try to figure out, how things work.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:02 PM
When you have the window open to pick the tags or things you want, there should be a grey box to the right of a magnifying glass where you can type something to filter the selections. Is that what you were looking for?
Aaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
When you have the window open to pick the tags or things you want, there should be a grey box to the right of a magnifying glass where you can type something to filter the selections. Is that what you were looking for?
This merely filters the names, but I do not know the names of the checked tags. If I'd knew I didn't need to look for them in the first place as well.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 15th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Having the editor available helps to provide a better explanation, but with "items" I referred to members of a list, be they tags or things. For example, if you try to create a new Wondrous Item, then there is a button "Edit" next to "School(s)". If you click on it, then you may select tags. The dialog also shows how many tags you have already selected. But there is no way to filter the tags, so only selected tags are shown which is useful if you try to figure out, how things work.
Ahhh says the blind man to to his deaf son! Yea that would be "nice" but I have just gotten use to pressing the blue "Tags" button on the RIGHT side of each "Thing" to see all tags on the Thing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old December 16th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Ahhh says the blind man to to his deaf son! Yea that would be "nice" but I have just gotten use to pressing the blue "Tags" button on the RIGHT side of each "Thing" to see all tags on the Thing.
I would have no problems if, when opening up one of these selectors, if currently selected items were pushed to the top of the sort. I've seen this done in many other similar UI elements in other programs, and it works very well.
Fuzzy is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old December 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Quote:
That still forces us to check the origin of the tag. Granted, not impossible, but I kinda expect being able to find the checked things/tags quickly as I might need to modify them. That is easier done in the special dialogs.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 16th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Not really in disagreement that what your asking for would not be "nice" to have. I guess I am just looking at it as "nice" feature and way more important features are needed still. And we have an "ok" work around currently....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 16th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Did you know you can click the text to the right of the button in the central column to see the list of currently selected tags which are inside that button?
Aaron is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old December 17th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Did you know you can click the text to the right of the button in the central column to see the list of currently selected tags which are inside that button?
That still doesn't make it any easier to deselect an item when the list is 30,000+ items.
Fuzzy is offline   #20 Reply With Quote