Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mike Dowd

Old October 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Armidale? Does your sheet have Traits yet?
Mike Dowd is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 16th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dowd View Post
Armidale? Does your sheet have Traits yet?
Yes, they'll appear with the feats.
armidale is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old October 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
armidale I am loving your sheet!
Thanks!

Quote:
Only last thing I am seeing that is requiring me to add Manually is that when I have 2 Weapons selected it Weapon stats only gives me the + to hit for fighting two weapons, but I don't always do that.

Is there a way to show both +s to hit? Fighting two weapon Style and fighting without the two weapon style?
It's not easy due to a limitation currently in HeroLab. The builtin sheet shows it both ways, but the XML only provides the + for fighting with two weapons. I think with some work, I can probably compensate in most cases. I'll put that on my list of stuff to look at next.

Quote:
How does it show Flurry of Blows? *Have not tested that yet*
Same as the built-in sheet does. Oddly enough, that means the name looks like (at 1st level) "Unarmed Strike FoB +1/+1" with attack bonus shown as "+2".

Quote:
The other thing I have not tested yet, is if the Characters print out correctly If I had boosts to the character with Hero Labs.

Example I add Enlarge Person Spell to my Character will the sheet print out with the stats of being enlarged?
Yes.
armidale is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 16th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Are there any character sheets that calculate each CMB for each weapon individually? What about figuring the hit points and hardness for weapons? I have several characters that use multiple weapons for various purposes. As a GM, there are times when I deal damage to the PCs' equipment.

If it's not possible or more complex than it needs to be, that's ok. I can make do with what I have.
blzbob is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
Slywolfe

Old October 16th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Problem with AncientOne's rt_complete_v1.0 2011.10.04 ....

Skills are getting cut off when character image is displayed. They are still there, just cut off by the end of frame of page 1, e.g. you can still copy and paste them from out of frame.

Tested in IE9, FF3.6.22, Chrome, and Opera.

Generated sheet attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Noah_Lyons.zip (17.3 KB, 10 views)
Slywolfe is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old October 17th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slywolfe View Post
Problem with AncientOne's rt_complete_v1.0 2011.10.04 ....

Skills are getting cut off when character image is displayed. They are still there, just cut off by the end of frame of page 1, e.g. you can still copy and paste them from out of frame.

Tested in IE9, FF3.6.22, Chrome, and Opera.

Generated sheet attached.
Yes... it's a limitation of the printer-friendly 8.5"x11" page design.

Basically, there are only so many inches on the page to work with, so it's possible to add so many skills that you overflow the available space. When you add a character image, you're taking up a couple of those inches, leaving less space for a long list of skills.

This wouldn't be a problem for a sheet layout that was designed primarilly for on-line use because you wouldn't care where page-breaks happened.

I'm open to alternative layout ideas... any thoughts?

Roger
AncientOne is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
TemporalVengeance

Old October 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Probably a stupid question, but do Armidale's or AncientOne's Custom Sheets support the Defense/Armor as D/R rules yet? I'm starting a game in a few weeks that'll use those alternate rules along with the Wounds/Vigor Rules (which we'll have to self-calculate since it's not in HL yet. Not a hard thing to do, really).
TemporalVengeance is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
Slywolfe

Old October 17th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Yes... it's a limitation of the printer-friendly 8.5"x11" page design.

Basically, there are only so many inches on the page to work with, so it's possible to add so many skills that you overflow the available space. When you add a character image, you're taking up a couple of those inches, leaving less space for a long list of skills.

This wouldn't be a problem for a sheet layout that was designed primarilly for on-line use because you wouldn't care where page-breaks happened.

I'm open to alternative layout ideas... any thoughts?

Roger
Is it possible to detect overflow and display it elsewhere on the sheet?
Slywolfe is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old October 17th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slywolfe View Post
Is it possible to detect overflow and display it elsewhere on the sheet?
Sort of... It's possible to put a limit of so-many skills on the front page and put the rest elsewhere. It's just a matter of thinking through the consequences of that and weighing it with how often it happens.

I'll put some thought into it though and see what I can come up with. It's more of a page-design question than a technical issue. I.e., Would you want to have to look in two places to see all your skills? What if it was a single skill that was "overflowed" onto a page by itself? What else might be "bumped" down (or off) the page by the sudden addition of that skill info?

BTW, the same thing could happen with other arbitrarilly long lists -- traits/special-abilities/feats share a column, and magic-items/equipment/money also share a column.
AncientOne is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
Armidale's Custom Sheet updated to v3.7:
  • Show single-weapon attack bonus in addition, if two weapons wielded (requested by Dragnmoon).
  • Fix weapon name in weapon block to not show full weapon quality (silver, icy, etc.) description.
  • Don’t suppress printing weapon blocks for duplicate weapons if held in different hands.
  • Move hero Lab logo back to first page.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #160 Reply With Quote