Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lovedumplingx

Old September 30th, 2010, 10:27 AM
So...I'm new to Hero Lab. Love it and I like what it's got but was wondering about the updates.

Every time I go into the program and check for updates it lists EVERY offered package. This would be fine I guess in an advertising sense but it also lists "updates" for packages and the main app that I'm pretty sure I've already installed.

Is there a plan to have this screen only show things that haven't already been installed? Cause that would just be super. Or is this a case of me being utterly incompetent and not being able to find the checkbox/radio button/etc. where I can "show only new updates" or something of that sort?
lovedumplingx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 30th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Not specifically, but this topic discusses how to remove individual systems from the screen so you could easily choose to eliminate all but the chosen few.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lovedumplingx

Old October 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
Well drat. It's not that I mind there being a whole bunch...I just don't like being told there's an update for something that I literally just updated.
lovedumplingx is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 1st, 2010, 09:41 AM
Although if you have already installed an update, it shouldnt show up again for you.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
lovedumplingx

Old October 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Although if you have already installed an update, it shouldnt show up again for you.
That's the problem though...it does. The most recent update was on 9/18/2010. And I've installed it no less than 3 times and it still shows up in the "Latest Updates to Download" screen.
lovedumplingx is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 1st, 2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedumplingx View Post
That's the problem though...it does. The most recent update was on 9/18/2010. And I've installed it no less than 3 times and it still shows up in the "Latest Updates to Download" screen.
Does it still show up with a red ! because that is the only time it is really telling you that you have not installed an update. Otherwise it is giving you the option to re-install if you want to but you don't have too.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 1st, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lovedumplingx

Old October 1st, 2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Does it still show up with a red ! because that is the only time it is really telling you that you have not installed an update. Otherwise it is giving you the option to re-install if you want to but you don't have too.
Ahhhh...no it does not show up in red. Just white and bolded. Now that I know there's a coloring scheme I probably won't be so tripped out by me thinking I need to keep updating.
lovedumplingx is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM
Ah. The other thing to watch out for, although it doesn't look like it applies here, is that if you change files in the regular directories, saying adding a set of images to the images directory, it will constantly modify as "not updated" and will therefore keep bugging you to redownload the image library. There's probably ways to accidentally set off the main game systems thataway too.
Duggan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedumplingx View Post
Ahhhh...no it does not show up in red. Just white and bolded. Now that I know there's a coloring scheme I probably won't be so tripped out by me thinking I need to keep updating.
White bold text is simply the standard and we just show all the various game systems. If a particular game system has a newer update available, there will be a either a yellow or blue oval with an exclamation point within it to flag the update to you. The blue oval indicates an optional update is available for the data files. The yellow oval indicates that an update to the game system is required for the current version of Hero Lab you are running. The latter occurs when the Hero Lab data file format is substantially revised to add new capabilities, so installing an update of Hero Lab itself can sometimes require you to also get updated data files for a game system.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 1st, 2010, 12:19 PM
Duggan, the user-added images problem you're referring to was fixed a few months ago, and the game system folders should not have any problems with extra files added - there are lots of .user files available to add to those folders.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote