Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mxyzplk

Old February 5th, 2017, 08:43 AM
OK, so I was an original RC backer and had the (paid for) files already installed on some of my HL computers.

I downloaded updates today and saw that it includes "razor coast support".

So I go in to check it out. Here's what I see.

1. On my Mac (no FGG aux URL configured), I go in to the encounter builder and load Bethany Razor, and get a mess of validation errors and all the stuff that doesn't validate (Tulita language, Fate's Cruel Twist weapon) just disappear.

2. When I go into the encounter builder on my PC (FGG URL configured, RC installed from previous), I get two e.g. Bethany Razors. They're different, with different validation errors.

Bethany #1 has a pic with her, I assume she's the newer one. I load her, and things like Fate's Cruel Twist and Tulita language show up but in red. I can click on Fate's Cruel Twist details, and it says it appears in "FGG Pathfinder Content" and "Razor Coast." Tulita doesn't show up in the language list popup but it's there in red on her sheet. Her animal companion Sarah has no tricks.

Bethany #2 is the original from the FGG files. When I load her I get some new errors about "New child object information introduced for pick 'cDrdWildAn', 'cDrdWildEl', and 'cDrdWildPl'. For her, Fate's Cruel Twist and the Tulita language show up fine and she seems fully functional. Her animal companion has a bunch of tricks, one of which doesn't validate (track, requires scent).

3. In "configure your hero" I see a Frog God Games/Necromancer Games section with
- FGG Pathfinder Content - checkable but unchecked
- Modules section 1: Razor Coast - greyed out, Razor Coast GM Content - greyed out. The new "buy 'em" ones I assume.
- Modules section 2: Razor Coast - checked for Bethany #2, not checked for Bethany #1. Heart of the Razor - checkable but unchecked, a couple more.

So, my questions.

As a previous FGG RC user, what am I *supposed* to do? So far it looks like things will kinda coexist side by side, if a little confusingly (two entries in the encounter builder one of which won't work). Clearly if I uninstall the FGG files I'll lose access to the content.

Y'all are charging for the RC content - is there anything in either of those packs I didn't have already? I assume the encounters may be, but do I have to re-buy the base campaign setting stuff I already paid for to use it?

Or is there some way for folks who paid FGG for the HL files in the Kickstarter to get access to these?

Last edited by mxyzplk; February 5th, 2017 at 08:48 AM.
mxyzplk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 5th, 2017, 09:49 AM
In the 13.9 thread is a whole talk about this. When loading Pathfinder with the FGG RC files you get a bunch of errors right? HL then goes into safe mode and does NOT load any addons. Then you tried to open some .por files that require the addons (ie RC) you get MORE errors. But the important one is the errors on Pathfinder load.

The issue actually does not have anything to do with the fact that RC is now provided by LW. The issue is in a design change at the core of HL in 8.0a that causes the RC files to no longer work. I don't know of anyone else maintaining the files.

So see THIS post for the fix I created. If someone can get anyone at FGG to respond and include that fix officially great. My emails have gotten no response.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 5th, 2017, 01:58 PM
I have raised the issue with Frog God Games on their forums and as a support request.

The problem they have is they are also a small company, and HL support is not part of their core business. I offered a suggestion, which they should be looking into based on the response I got. However, if more affected users respond to the post I made on their forums, it might push the issue up in priority.. since if it is just me speaking up, there's not a lot of reason for them to do anything.

The topic is "Razor Coast in HeroLab problems with new release" in their Pathfinder forum.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old February 6th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Well, I'm not sure that's my problem... In fact, I assume that this move to make the RC files available via Hero Lab natively, in fixed format, is the planned solution to the FGG-files-maintenance problems, which is heck, let's not maintain them, let's let them be sold via Hero Lab and maintained by Lone Wolf. I suspect my problem may just be not wanting to pay for them twice.
mxyzplk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 6th, 2017, 06:19 PM
This may be a one-time thing at present because Razor Coast is part of the expected initial content for Realm Works' Content Market. Users will likely want to launch their Razor Coast portfolios from Realm Works.

Long-term, if more of the Lost Lands content is to be made available through Realm Works, similar cases will arise as other sets of HeroLab files migrate.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 7th, 2017, 05:29 PM
I haven't backed FGG early enough to have gotten HL files from their kickstarters, but have been backing them on everything Pathfinder related for their last several hard covers.

I have purchased all available HL files, back when they were offering them on their website. It seems that FGG is no longer offering the sale of HL files.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote