Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lambda982

Old January 17th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Our home campaign is a group that has moved from D&D 3.5 to Pathfinder. I have the rule sets for both.

The problem is our group has decided to stick with the D&D level progression (XP, feats, and Stat increases) rather than any version of Pathfinder's (Fast, Medium, Slow).

Is there a way to create a new level progression inside of the Pathfinder rule set that can use the d20 SRD / D&D level progression?

If the authoring kit is necessary to accomplish this, I am also willing to obtain this.

Thanks,
lambda982 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I can point you in the right direction but not really give you specific details. In the editor their is a tab for Mechanics. Using that and scripts you can change most of the settings you are asking about. Unfortunately I don't have any exact script examples to point you to. Their maybe some Mechanic Things already in HL that you can copy and use as examples.

Sorry, best I can do as I just have not played around in that area of HL yet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Actually, the XP progressions are stored in a special mechanic, so that users can overwrite them.

Open the editor and create a new file. Go to the Mechanics tab, and press the "New (Copy)" button on the bottom left. Among the existing mechanics, you'll find fast, medium and slow advancement XP mechanics. Since Medium is the default when creating a new character in HL, you'll probably want to change that one - select it.

Now, you'll need the unique Id of the thing. Unfortunately, that ran off the right edge of the selection list, so press the "Eval Scripts" button, add a new Eval Script, and then press the "Find Thing" button at the top right. Filter the list down to mechanics (from the selector at the top), then find and double-click the "Medium Advancement XP Mechanics" thing. You'll see that the unique Id of that thing, "XPMedium" was placed in your Eval Script. Copy that text, then delete the script and press OK to leave the Eval Scripts window.

On the right-hand side, around the middle, find "Replaces Thing Id" - paste the Id into there.

Now, at the top, give your new thing a new Id, like "XPd20"

Now for the options. You'll see that the "XP Cost Table" button is highlighted. Press it. Since there's no XP cost to get to level 0 or level 1, those rows are blank, and you'll see that each of the other rows contains the total number of XP required for that level. So, just change all those values.

Then, save your creation, close the editor, and press ctrl-r to reload the data files (normally you'd use "Test Now!" in the editor, but that won't do anything for Mechanics).

You can then email the file you've created to your players for them to use.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote