Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Steelight

Old December 14th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I'm trying to enter a new archetype into HL. The archetype modifies a normal ability so you get it at a later level. in this case it is Trap Sense. I figured out the script to move each section from one level to the next tier (i.e. getting it at level 6 instead of level 3), but when I get to the one at 18 it is still showing that the character gains Trap Sense +5 and +6. What is the scripting to remove the ability normally gained at 18th level without removing the whole ability?

I tried using this:
perform hero.findchild[BaseClSpec,"thingid.cTrapSense & SpecSource.cHelpBbn & ClSpecWhen.18"].delete[ClSpecWhen.18]

But when I do it eliminates all of the other scripting and gives me an error message saying Trap Sense +1 (Ex) doesn't have an assigned level.

Any suggestions?
Steelight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Steelight

Old December 14th, 2013, 11:24 AM
This same archetype grants a special weapon while using a specific ability. I figured out how to make it work with a normal weapon, but at higher levels I have to make it a magic weapon to add the abilities to the weapon I need. When I do this it gives me an error saying that the condition phase/priority (First/475) occurs after the earliest rule/script (First/100) but I can't find any rule or script that occurs at First/100.

What am I missing?
Steelight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 15th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelight View Post
This same archetype grants a special weapon while using a specific ability. I figured out how to make it work with a normal weapon, but at higher levels I have to make it a magic weapon to add the abilities to the weapon I need. When I do this it gives me an error saying that the condition phase/priority (First/475) occurs after the earliest rule/script (First/100) but I can't find any rule or script that occurs at First/100.

What am I missing?
First/100 is a script running on the Magic Weapon Thing. So you will need to change your bootstrap condition to run at First/99 or earlier.

Normally you don't bootstrap weapon other than natural to a class. You maybe better off just putting a pre-req script on the weapon that requires this class ability to be valid. Be easier than dealing with the bootstrap conditions.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Steelight

Old December 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
So what would the pre-req script look like for that then?

The concept is that while raging the archetype gains this weapon automatically, and at certain levels the weapon changes into something more. The basic weapon worked out fine. The magical ones did not and gave me the above listed error. I want the weapon to automatically show up on the weapons list for the character, but only while they are raging. Is there a way around the magical weapon thing?

Last edited by Steelight; December 17th, 2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Updated with more information
Steelight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Steelight

Old December 18th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
First/100 is a script running on the Magic Weapon Thing. So you will need to change your bootstrap condition to run at First/99 or earlier.
I tried that. When I did it that way the whole function (i.e. the weapon appearing when raging and disappearing when not) didn't work, even for the normal weapon part of it.
Steelight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote