View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 4th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I don't know if it is planned, and I'm pretty sure it would not be available when the CM is first released. But I would think it would be in LWD's interest to sell as much content as they can. Like you would happily pay for custom character sheets. Not a lot—the defaults are okay—but I like to have options.
You are mixing RW with HL. Hero Lab has NO content market and nothing that RW does is currently designed to integrate with HL.

Now then HL has the ability to support allowing download of community content. Hence how the 5e Pack works. On top of this you can ask for a LW account and have your download setup to be in HL. This is how the AncientOne's Pathfinder sheet works. Anyone that installs HL and Pathfinder can download AncientOne's sheet without any additional setup.

You could do the same already for a 5e sheet if someone makes it. Nothing about Realm Works development is affecting how and what can be done in HL.

In addition this whole "I want a custom sheet that matches to exactly my layout" has been done. The answer from LW over 5 years ago was the "Custom Sheets" option I have pointed to in this thread. Feel free to search for the threads from before. The bottom line is that every person wants a different sheet and LW answer was to allow ANYONE with a little work to make one.

Before my group moved to all electronic devices I created a custom sheet for my group. It took a little bit of time but it was not that hard to do and it displayed data exactly as my group wanted.

AncientOne's sheet tried to solve the issue of allowing ANYONE to customize the layout of the sheet on the fly using JavaScript. But to get a workable sheet for you or your group you don't need to be that fancy.

You could even use some of the Pathfinder sheets as a basis like the 3.5 D&D guys did. 80% of the values and logic is the same so it is at least a starting point.

But if "paid" third party sheets never happened for Pathfinder I would not expect 5e to suddenly get them anytime soon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #24 Reply With Quote