View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 4th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropbear8mybaby View Post
I think you underestimate how hard it is for most people to learn XSLT. That puts it beyond most people's reach and is certainly far more than any DM or group should be expected to do.
I am sorry but you WAY overestimating how difficult it is. If you can do HL scripting you can do XSLT. In matter of fact it is even "EASIER" than HL scripting because you find hundreds of websites to teach it to you. You can't find that for HL Scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropbear8mybaby View Post
It's also unreasonable of LW to not make the effort to provide better options and expect that "the community" and DMs will do all the work for them. This program is supposed to make things easier for DM's and groups, not harder.
Again my advice would be go read the threads that hash this all out. The final outcome was "Custom Output".

Yes parts of HL expect you the 'user' to actually solve your own issues. It provides the tools and a base character sheet. If you want "MORE" then you will have to learn how to code XSLT. Just like if you want to really customize HL or input your own houserules you HAVE to learn how to write HL scripts.

These are NOT downfalls of the product. These are what makes the product great because I don't have to sit around and "BEG" LW to do something or add something. I can simply go and do it myself and it will be "exactly" how I want it. But the "cost" is time and energy instead of "money".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26 Reply With Quote