View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliqueman View Post
As of last night, the latest version of Hero Lab from the auto-updater was 6.1a, and as of right now, its updating to 6.1f, so that could have been my issue. Cheers!
Ug did LW roll back the version in updates. I am so sorry I didn't check for that. Sigh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliqueman View Post
I updated to version 6.1f but I am still having issues.

Basically it keeps telling me that I need to update these files, even though I've already imported them once. Another thing is that the files appear to only be 1.7m each, with the exception of the campaign file which is 2.9m. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or the updates themselves are corrupted somehow?
Its not 'corrupted' looks like my one idea is not working out as well as I thought.

So I deprecated the old packages by setting the version to the next number and have HL download the "3PP Pack". This way if you only had say the "Path of War" you would get the latest pack. I forgot that HL would keep telling people to install the new version because it never changed the version it thought was loaded.

So bottom line. If you installed any of the old "Deprecated" 3PP community stuff you are good to go for the future. I guess for a little bit ignore any of the messages about the Deprecated packages. They will be gone shortly and then HL will only tell you when the 3PP Pack updates.

Go ahead and update the Campaign Pack and then it should NOT tell you anymore to update. If the Campaign Pack keeps telling you to update it is an error I will need to fix.

Sorry all...

Let me see what I can think of to fix this. But I want/need to make sure anyone with any of the "old" community packages gets converted over to the new 3PP Pack. hmmmm...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 12th, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #34