View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 10th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw
These abilities are based on the creature dealing Charisma damage to another creature. When it does, it's Corporeal Form ability kicks in for 1d4 rounds (or longer). It loses the incorporeal subtype, changes its deflection bonus to a natural armor bonus, trades its fly speed for a land speed of equal value, gains a Strength score equal to its Charisma score, and replaces its incorporeal touch with 2 slam attacks.
So the main thing you need to do is disable the incorporeal subtype. Lucky Aaron added easy logic for this. Though I would also make this ability activatable on the In-Play tab so the DM can turn it on/off as needed.

Run this script at First/510:
Code:
~ If ability not active get out now!
doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)

~ Remove the incorporeal subtype
perform hero.assign[NoTypeAbil.stIncorpor]
Then we need to set Str to be same as Cha:
Pre-Attributes/100:
Code:

~ Set the starting Str modifier to the same as the Cha score
hero.child[aSTR].field[aStartMod].value = hero.child[aCHA].field[aStartMod].value
Now then we have a tag on the "hero" that now tells us if we are incorporeal or not. So lets use that to our advantage.

I assume you set the Incorporeal Touch Attack as an "Other Melee Weapon" on the race. So add a bootstrap condition to it:
First/600
Code:
!NoTypeAbil.stIncorpor
Add the above logic to the "xFly" helper also so we lose fly when not incorporeal.

Then add Two Slam Attacks with the following bootstrap condition:
First/600
Code:
NoTypeAbil.stIncorpor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw
Additionally, its Stolen Power ability grants it a +2 profane bonus on attack attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks until the end of its next turn. The echo also gains 5 temporary hit points that last for 1 hour.
So these can be added to the same Racial Special of "Stolen Power". You can now easily add typed bonuses to the character for attack and damage:
Code:

hero.child[Attack].field[BonProfane].value += field[abValue].value
      hero.child[Damage].field[BonProfane].value += field[abValue].value
In this example I preset the field abValue to be 2. This way if ever needed its easy to adjust this value up or down using an Adjustment.

I had to write a little of this so if I can I will finish out this module to be added to the GM Pack. Or happy to take other stuff you have done. Attached is an example source of this monster.
Attached Files
File Type: email COM_GMPack_ModulePaizo - Tears at Bitter Manor.user (5.3 KB, 1 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote