View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 28th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Nice idea ShadowChemosh, and while I like it, it unfortunately wouldn't work for my purposes. The skill is general for a class and not for all heroes, which is what that would imply. If I can't do it, I can't do it, outside of authoring my entire game system from scratch, and I don't have the time for that, though I often think about it. I've made due so far, so no big deal if it isn't feasible. Thanks!
This is something where a "Mechanic" from Pathfinder would work out really well. I do plan to get that added soon to d20....

See a Mechanic is auto attached to all characters allowing global scripts to be run. So once I get this implemented what you can do is have a script that fires for when a specific class is found. Then it could change the livename.

Actually what script are you running now that changes the skills to be General? Why can't it be modified to simply change the livename?

Otherwise something like this:

Code:
~ If fighter class not live get out now!
doneif (hero.childlives[cHelpFtr] = 0)

~ Make Fighter Skills into General
hero.child[kClimb].field[livename].text = hero.child[kClimb].field[name].text & " {super}General{/super}".
More sophisticated would be to do create a "Procedure" with the logic. Then build a Simple Thing for each class and attach those to the Mechanic. Then set the "Skills" as Tags onto the Simple Thing. Then your Procedure can pull the tags into a where search expression and do a foreach loop.

That would give you a very generic and easy to implement method.

Just more ideas.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote