View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 20th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Sorry if my posts where coming across as bad or mean. It was NOT my intent in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrus View Post
it's that it's a secondary attack and should have a -5 to attack and 1/2 ability score to damage.
When in bat form you only have a Bite so it can't be secondary by the rules (hence why HL is not making it secondary). That is standard Bestiary rules. Monsters use natural attacks not unarmed strikes.

Quote:
Thanks for the biology lesson. But since when are hands necessary for unarmed attacks? "A monk's attacks may be with fist, elbows, knees, and feet. This means that a monk may make unarmed strikes with his hands full. There is no such thing as an off-hand attack for a monk striking unarmed."
First I was trying to be funny and cute not mean. I know that comes across as bad in the forums. But I thought it was funny.

This would be rule argument with your DM. Because as a MoMS you have NO FoB meaning you must use Unarmed Strikes (ie Fists) to make attacks. HL is following those rules to the letter (ie only with Flurry of Blows can you make Unarmed Strikes with the rest of your body). If you and your DM agree on "house-rules" that is outside of HL.

But without Flurry of Blows you need "hands" to do your unarmed strikes. I am just trying to explain why HL is doing what it is doing. Anything else would get into the area of making house-rules which you can do with special scripts in HL.

If with all this you disagree on I have no horse in the race I am just trying to explain "why" HL is doing what it is doing. To change it you would need to find an official FAQ or cause one to happen on the paizo Boards. Then you could get LW to change HL scripts to allow this to work.

Or simply feel free to put in a BUG report and talk to LW directly about the issue. Even if I agreed I couldn't change the CORE software.

Quote:
You just said yourself that converting it wouldn't be hard since a lot about it already lines up, and there already is a 3P version. The only issue seems to be within HL while trying to use their existing version of the archetype. I'm looking for a way to fix it as you seem intent on doing.
Correct. But until scripted/created the archetype does not work with the Unchained Monk currently. I am talking pure programming here NOT pathfinder rules. It would be like adding a paladin archetype and saying it is not changing the Unchained Monk class abilities. HL treats Monk and Unchained Monk as two totally different 'Things' so the Unique ID of class abilities (like Flurry of Blows) don't line up and the scripts don't work.

This is what I mean by not working. As you saw already as the Style feats are not showing up as Bonus feats. Because when the script fires it can't find the 'Monk' class to make the changes to which it does by a Unique ID.

Hopefully that clears stuff up.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 20th, 2015 at 08:28 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #25 Reply With Quote