View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The public name of this scruffy ranger can simply be "Scruffy Ranger". Then all the other names become aliases (alternate names) for him, which can all be revealed independently of one another. You can also then designate which one to use as the "true name".
In my proof of concept testing of names I found this issue myself. Once I thought about it made sense why it works this way and how 'True' name should work. I do agree that "how" it works does not immediately jump out at you when first using names in RW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Note! For all the armchair quarterbacks out there, it's not overly complicated to simply add this to the UI. What IS complicated is handling all the special situations that can arise in conjunction with this in the UI, and that makes solving this properly a non-trivial effort. As veteran software developers will attest, things that seem hard on the surface are often easy to solve, while things that seem easy are often quite hard. And there's also the old adage that devil is in the details. There are lots of those involved with this situation.
You should just make this your signature so its on EVERY single post you do.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote