View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I did the research - here is a direct copy and paste from the Hero Lab Buy page:

"Importantly, the SRD differs from the rules presented in the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon’s Master’s Guide, and Monster Manual. It omits certain options that appear in the full rulebooks (e.g. certain spells, feats, etc.), so those options can’t be included in Hero Lab. Thankfully the free D&D 5E Community Pack provides all the missing pieces that you’re looking for. (Get it today!)"

It clearly says "all" the missing pieces are within the Community Pack. I did the research and I would suggest the stretch in the truth IS the fault of Lone Wolf.
If it says that then my bad and I am sorry. Everything I had read before was just about SRD I didn't know they added the community Pack info.

For the core PHB/DMG/MM I do think its all there.

In reference to your current problem if you are opening an "existing" character (ie .por) file make sure you are pressing "CTRL-K" and to open the Configure Your Hero window. Each set of settings are "saved" with your character. This way each character can have different allowed books.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote