Thread: Feature request
View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 10th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portilis View Post
That is really down to the individual game. Personally, I don't have an issue with it - at the moment, with no availability of it, tracking loot that has been picked up but not identified is a bit of a nightmare - you can either just hand out a loot file and hope the players are honest about it, or you have to track everything they're carrying that isn't sorted.

In the end, there's nothing to prevent it, but at the same time, if you can't trust your players not to cheat, that's a whole new can of worms.

I've coded an adjustment for it for now, with intent to go to a mechanic. Unfortunately, doing more detail than "Unidentified ring", "Unidentified footwear", etc will indeed be a lot of work, and even then the only way to get a description that'll be correct every time would be to have a field in the item listing the base appearance.
What I do is the players put in a "- Custom Magic Item -" and list it as "Magic Item XXXXXX". where "XXXX" is usually the Page number or Encounter ID value or any other "unique ID" to represent this item. Then when it gets identified they replace the custom magic item with the real one. Wouldn't that be easier to do and work with what is currently available.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #38 Reply With Quote